Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me choose just one more CC

tag
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

Help me choose just one more CC

Hi everyone,

so both my Cap1 cards have a date with the shredder in the next month I have set my limit to 3 CCs. I hope to grow my 3 cards CLs to some nice limits. Which of the following no AF cards would you guys recommend? Which would best compliment my BCP and freedom?

US BANK CASH+

CHASE SAPPHIRE

CITI THANK YOU PREFFERED

CAP1 VENTUREONE 

Thank you for the help!

Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Help me choose just one more CC

Cash+ seems like a good one

Message 2 of 30
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I know its not on your list and I know it has an AF, but why not get CSP and go for trifecta?  I think you would earn enough extra points to cover the AF.  But if decide no AF then I think Cast+ is best option of the ones you listed.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add at leas t one credit union card with low APR for purchases and cash advances if it should be needed. Look at DCU, SDFCU and PenFed for starters. Good luck.

Message 4 of 30
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

have you thought about the citi dividend, $100 dollar cashback after you spend 500.  5% cashback on rotating categories and 1% on everything else.  Simmilar rewards to chase freedom

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 30
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

Good suggestions so far.  I didn't think of the Citi Dividends.  Sounds like a good card.

The main reason I dont want an AF is because my BPC is by far my primary card. I use it for everything except when my freedom has good rotating categories like gas. 

The US Bank card seems like a great choice but I'm worried I might not get approved. Both my cards just hit the two month mark and although my AAoA didn't take a big hit, I've heard US bank might not like too many new accounts. 

What do you guys think? My scores should all now be around 730. (I'll pull new scores right before I apply to make sure) My Utl is around 15-19%. AAoA is 4+ years and I have no baddies in the last 4 years. No CO, collections, BKs or anything serious. 

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 6 of 30
HiLine
Blogger

Lower your utilization temporarily, then apply for the Cash+. Your FICO will probably be around 750 then.

Otherwise, I would recommend the Sapphire to make the Trifecta.

Message 7 of 30
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I actually recommend you get Sapphire and Cash+.

Sapphire is a no brainer since it also uses UR mall. Which means you can cash out those UR points faster by combining points earned on Freedom to Sapphire.

Cash+ for ability to pick two 5% categories. Pick bill pay and another category (home improvement if you have a local Lowe's that sells various gift cards).

Citi Dividend is a bit different than Chase Freedom in that it has $50 redemption threshold and annual cashback limit of $300. Because of the threshold and you don't get to know rotating categories until 2 weeks before the next quarter (makes it hard to plan ahead), I recommend you skip over it.

Message 8 of 30
ezef3ar
Contributor

I know it's not on the list but I'm sure that a discover more card will look good in the collection if you don't have it yet Smiley Happy just saying
Message 9 of 30
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

I actually recommend you get Sapphire and Cash+.

Sapphire is a no brainer since it also uses UR mall. Which means you can cash out those UR points faster by combining points earned on Freedom to Sapphire.

Cash+ for ability to pick two 5% categories. Pick bill pay and another category (home improvement if you have a local Lowe's that sells various gift cards).

Citi Dividend is a bit different than Chase Freedom in that it has $50 redemption threshold and annual cashback limit of $300. Because of the threshold and you don't get to know rotating categories until 2 weeks before the next quarter (makes it hard to plan ahead), I recommend you skip over it.

Good to know this about the dividend  card....I'll go ahead and skip this one. 

Can you get the trifecta with a regular Sapphire? You dont have to have the prefered? I know you won't get 2x the points. But can you still benefit from transferring points from freedom? Do you still get the 7% dividend? 

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.