Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me find a Mastercard

tag
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Re: Help me find a Mastercard

You're exactly right. To me, customer service is definitely worth it. I might give up $100 a year in rewards by using an Amex as my primary over rotating cards and maximizing cash back, but to me it's worth very penny. Customer service is the most important thing to me right now, as I stay really busy and saved time is valuable. And not having a hassle to take advantage of extended warranties, returns, etc. is a wonderful thing. I was recently diagnosed with premature ventricular contractions due to high stress. Having a card that backs me is one way to reduce that stress and help my heart.
Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 11 of 16
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

If I close my Citi card will it continue to age until it drops off of my credit report?  I'm hoping to get a home in the next 2 or 3 years, so I just want to make sure my credit score won't be negatively affected by this move when the time comes.

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it will continue to age and affect average age of accounts until it falls off in about 10 years.

Message 13 of 16
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

your income is there just need to get uti down.  they denied me the sapphire because of uti.  Seems rep was willing to give me card but told me to app again in 6 months.  Give it a shot and recon if denied, GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 14 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Fyi, chase gave me a 5k limit on amazon card, at the time of approval my highest limit was discover at 4200.

Previously I had had several ge cards that were in the 3500 to 4000 range
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 16
YahComb
Established Contributor

FWIW, with a lower EQ, lower income (in the 30s) and 7 inqs between feb-april of this year, i was approved for the sapphire(and freedom, same day apps). Also all my cards were 1K-3K and a total credit history of 1 year. utilization 61/8600(shows as 1%).

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.