Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help me get rid of my Barclay Rewards MC

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

My anniversary on this card comes up next month. To celebrate, I want to give it the boot but not close it. I would love to PC to the Ring, but I don't think this is possible. I heard that it might be possible to PC to the Arrival. Can I PC to the Arrival Plus? If I PC, can I get the bonus? I'm giving out kudos today, someone please school me.  

What is it's APR? It may not be worth PC'ing.

Funny you ask because I didn't know until I just looked it up. Its pretty high at 23.99%. I'm going to call them and ask them to match my SallieMae which is at 16.99%

If they decline to match it I would just roll and close it into your SM.

I wouldn't close it because its a free TL. Even though I'd prefer a low APR, it's not a deal breaker because I PIF. The Ring is a nice to have for a potential rainy day.

You may be able to PC into a Ring but you will not inherit it's APR. It will carry the APR of the original card.

24% Ring. No thanks.

Message 11 of 13
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

My anniversary on this card comes up next month. To celebrate, I want to give it the boot but not close it. I would love to PC to the Ring, but I don't think this is possible. I heard that it might be possible to PC to the Arrival. Can I PC to the Arrival Plus? If I PC, can I get the bonus? I'm giving out kudos today, someone please school me.  

What is it's APR? It may not be worth PC'ing.

Funny you ask because I didn't know until I just looked it up. Its pretty high at 23.99%. I'm going to call them and ask them to match my SallieMae which is at 16.99%

If they decline to match it I would just roll and close it into your SM.

I wouldn't close it because its a free TL. Even though I'd prefer a low APR, it's not a deal breaker because I PIF. The Ring is a nice to have for a potential rainy day.

i rather have 1 higher limit then keep it and since you have the biggest challenge with barclay complete already (2 cards) you can move the CL easily!

I don't want to take the AAoA hit right now and apply for another Barclay card just yet. 

Message 12 of 13
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

I just did a PC from Rewards to Arrival. I was given 6,000 bonus miles as well. APR does carry over. There may be a future offer for a lower APR. I also had an offer for a CLI at the same time as PC. It was a SP.  Also, it's not possible to PC to Ring. Ring is a new app only card. I asked 2 different managers. Good luck deciding. The no foreign transaction fee is nice, as well as 10% statement credit bonus.

|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.