Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me out with Sallie Mae reporting

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Help me out with Sallie Mae reporting

Going thru my actual TU report this evening, obsessing as usual lol, and I notice that Barclays is reporting my SM card as "Flexible spending Credit Card" under loan type. My rewards MC reports as "credit card". 

Could the difference be because my SM is WMC? 

What does the flexible spend mean, and how is that now figured into scoring/ utilization? 

Thanks for helping me understand betterSmiley Happy

just noticed Cap1 is also reporting 2 of my cards as Flexible Spending credit card. Does this matter?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Aahz
Established Contributor

Re: Help me out with Sallie Mae reporting

"Flexible Spending Credit Card" is how "No Preset Spending Limit" (NPSL) cards show up on credit reports.

NPSL cards (typically WEMC & Visa Sig) generally have a credit limit, but also allow you to go over that credit limit without penalty as long as the overage is paid in full by the due date.

If the card's Credit Limit is reporting then the NPSL has no "special" effect on your scores.

If the card's Credit Limit is NOT reporting then the card will be not be included in utilization percentages.  Which could be a good or bad thing.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aahz wrote:

"Flexible Spending Credit Card" is how "No Preset Spending Limit" (NPSL) cards show up on credit reports.

NPSL cards (typically WEMC & Visa Sig) generally have a credit limit, but also allow you to go over that credit limit without penalty as long as the overage is paid in full by the due date.

If the card's Credit Limit is reporting then the NPSL has no "special" effect on your scores.

If the card's Credit Limit is NOT reporting then the card will be not be included in utilization percentages.  Which could be a good or bad thing.

Very well said.

Message 3 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Aahz wrote:

CL are reporting on all those cards. Thank for explaining all that to me!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.