Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me pay my bills

tag
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help me pay my bills

From looking at those cards, your debt doesn't look that bad. Just see if you could pay them all off at once or get them transfer to one or two cards.

For future references, try to only charge 2-3 cards a month and pay it off before charging more. Charging all the card at once we get messing and you think you have a lot of debts. I'm in college right now and money is tight and I manage just fine, so if I could do it, you definitely can too.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 11 of 23
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Having all of your cards report a balance certainly hurts your score.  Ideally you want only one card reporting with a balance <9% of it's limit.  The more that report the more you get dinged. 

Message 12 of 23
distantarray
Established Contributor

All cards at 0%

and one card @ 2% of total credit limits

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 13 of 23
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

All cards at 0%

@Anonymous one card @ 2% of total credit limits

Not sure what that last bit means.  Is that the peak for the various profiles?  Because the graph appears to show different utilizations across the x axis.

Message 14 of 23
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Why does it drop so much go to from 2% to zero UT?

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 15 of 23
distantarray
Established Contributor

if you have 5 cards at $2,000 limits = $10,000 total limits

1. charge this one to 2% of total limit  $400 on total $10,000 limit.

2. $0

3. $0

4. $0

5. $0

optimal for Fico, been testing this out for a while following that Chart. It works very well.

Message 16 of 23
distantarray
Established Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

Why does it drop so much go to from 2% to zero UT?

cause it makes you appear as an inactive user.

Message 17 of 23
HiLine
Blogger

@distantarray wrote:

All cards at 0%

This is the most awesome graph I've seen on this board. Thanks for digging it out! Cat Very Happy

OP: the ratio of cards with balances to total cards is also an important scoring variable. If I were you I would pay them all off if possible, or pay toward the highest interest first if the former is not an option.

Message 18 of 23
distantarray
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

All cards at 0%

This is the most awesome graph I've seen on this board. Thanks for digging it out! Cat Very Happy

OP: the ratio of cards with balances to total cards is also an important scoring variable. If I were you I would pay them all off if possible, or pay toward the highest interest first if the former is not an option.

np only problem for me is I have over 100k credit limits =\ I'm too much of a frugal bastard to want to pay APR on $2,000+ =\

Message 19 of 23
HiLine
Blogger

@distantarray wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

All cards at 0%

np only problem for me is I have over 100k credit limits =\ I'm too much of a frugal bastard to want to pay APR on $2,000+ =\

My "soft" principle is to never carry a balance except in special circumstances. Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.