cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me pick a card

tag
prady

Help me pick a card

I'm in process of rebuilding credit. Recommend me a card people which i can get approved for. Here's how things look rite now

Currently have:

1) Orchard Bank Secured for 7 months
2) Capital One unsecured for 2 months.

Have 2 negative accounts,

1) Cap One - Paid and Closed
2) Wells Fargo (Wachovia) - Sold to another lender. (from 2006)

Inquiries -

Equifax - 1

TU - 2

Current Scores:

TU - 663
Equifax - 649

I was dumb enough to apply for Amex Zync last month, i got a obvious denial and inquiry on my account.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: Help me pick a card

I would say try applying for barclay.  They may deny you online, but make sure to call their backdoor # for a recon.  Be prepared to explain the two negatives.

(I had a negative with First Premier when I applied for Barclay and I explained to them that I have tried numerous times to PFD with First Premier and they refuse to budge.  I also told them I plan to PIF even if they don't agree to delete just to get the balance to $0.  They approved me for $750 initially and then I called in for a bump, they increased me to $1000 which will be plenty for my iPad)

Good luck and keep us posted.

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 14
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Prady, no one can actually guarantee approval for any card, situations vary.  I've seen folks with more derogatory marks on their report with similar scores get approved for AMEX charge cards.  The post to try Barclay is a good recommendation, at least you can call the backdoor number to explain your situation.  I would also suggest you try a local credit union.  Having that face to face with a Loan Officer could work in your best interest. 

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 14
prady

Makes sense, I am thinking i will take a Barclay's card, infact i had to buy a laptop this thnxgiving, i will go for Apple financing, ive heard they give u barclays if ur approved. I know for sure Chase would not accept me for any card, although i do have a bank account with them.

Message 4 of 14
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Try setting up a meeting with a Loan Officer at Chase.  You just never know. 

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 5 of 14
prady

TBH i like to avoid face to face with employees in banks, coz everytime i have had one in past i just felt i was being hustled into their card. However, i would just stop by the branch hopefully somethng good comes out of it.

Message 6 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

Try Barclays Apple/iTunes card, they are good with the CL.

I'm myself debating whether i should get one. I am buying a macbook pro and an ipad 2, so I will need about $2500 CL.

Message 7 of 14
prady

Do you know which report do they pull? My transunion and EQ is better than Experian

Message 8 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

I believe Barclay pulls TU

Message 9 of 14
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

They generally pull TR but they can't access TR, they will definitely pull EQ or EXP.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.