cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me stay in the Garden... (Diners Club related)

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help me stay in the Garden... (Diners Club related)

@lg8302ch wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

IMO, this card is attracting a lot of attention from varous groups of people seeking some or all of these features:

1. UW standards are not that high - scores as low as upper 600's are being approved

2. Generous CL's - which is great for builders/rebuilders, MS'ers, or high limit enthusiasts trying to collect as much CL as possible

3. Usually pulls TU - (though some have been double pulled w/ EX). Helps most save EX pulls for Amex or Citi, etc.

4. Not Inq sensitive 

5. Possibility of hidden TL - though CSR's have been stating that it will report

6. First time in awhile that it's open to consumers - there are those that are feeling nostalgic

7. Travel perks - lounge access for as low as $95 AF, Primary CDW, hotel collections, trip insurance

8. Chip & Pin Priority w/ No FTF - don't have to sign up for CU's or have military/government affiliations

9. Airline & Hotel Partners - Alaska, Hawaiian, DL, BA, WN (with the possibility that points transferred count toward Companion Pass), Hilton, and SPG being the big draw

10.3X on grocery, gas, and drugstore categories for the Elite version and it is uncapped (for now) - we'll have to see what happens when MS'ers get rolling.

I got this card for the last 3 on this list.

This could well be another "Duck Card Fiasco" since BMO Harris doesn't seem prepared for the onslaught of credit enthusiasts.  The app process has been inconsistent and I'm sure a nightmare for them as well as some applicants (lost applications, long processing times for some, some receiving their cards by mail and others getting it overnighted).   The online site for cardmembers is archaic and they don't even have online payment abilities or reward tracking set up yet.  Whatever ends up happening, it has been a fun rollercoaster ride for many.

How do  you pay?  Send in paper checks? ...oh no.. I have not written checks in decades Smiley Surprised

Their online payment feature just went live a few days ago.  Of course, before that was available, anyone was able to push a payment through their bank.

Message 41 of 66
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

IMO, this card is attracting a lot of attention from varous groups of people seeking some or all of these features:

1. UW standards are not that high - scores as low as upper 600's are being approved

2. Generous CL's - which is great for builders/rebuilders, MS'ers, or high limit enthusiasts trying to collect as much CL as possible

3. Usually pulls TU - (though some have been double pulled w/ EX). Helps most save EX pulls for Amex or Citi, etc.

4. Not Inq sensitive 

5. Possibility of hidden TL - though CSR's have been stating that it will report

6. First time in awhile that it's open to consumers - there are those that are feeling nostalgic

7. Travel perks - lounge access for as low as $95 AF, Primary CDW, hotel collections, trip insurance

8. Chip & Pin Priority w/ No FTF - don't have to sign up for CU's or have military/government affiliations

9. Airline & Hotel Partners - Alaska, Hawaiian, DL, BA, WN (with the possibility that points transferred count toward Companion Pass), Hilton, and SPG being the big draw

10.3X on grocery, gas, and drugstore categories for the Elite version and it is uncapped (for now) - we'll have to see what happens when MS'ers get rolling.

I got this card for the last 3 on this list.

This could well be another "Duck Card Fiasco" since BMO Harris doesn't seem prepared for the onslaught of credit enthusiasts.  The app process has been inconsistent and I'm sure a nightmare for them as well as some applicants (lost applications, long processing times for some, some receiving their cards by mail and others getting it overnighted).   The online site for cardmembers is archaic and they don't even have online payment abilities or reward tracking set up yet.  Whatever ends up happening, it has been a fun rollercoaster ride for many.

How do  you pay?  Send in paper checks? ...oh no.. I have not written checks in decades Smiley Surprised

Their online payment feature just went live a few days ago.  Of course, before that was available, anyone was able to push a payment through their bank.

Thanks Fin... so there is one thing less to worry when I app next month .. my main concern  now is their hughe CLs and what the other lenders would do ..especially Chase. I would hate to lose CSP just because of a silly CL from Diners and would very much like if they would not report for this reason but I guess that is a wish that will not come true for consumer cards

Message 42 of 66
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Thanks Fin... so there is one thing less to worry when I app next month .. my main concern  now is their hughe CLs and what the other lenders would do ..especially Chase. I would hate to lose CSP just because of a silly CL from Diners and would very much like if they would not report for this reason but I guess that is a wish that will not come true for consumer cards

It appears the jury is still out on that one.  Here at the end of November will be roughly 60 days for folks who initialy applied and got approved during mid-September to determine whether any of those accounts will be reporting.  I suppose the delay in reporting can be favorable for some folks depending on the lenders who take notice.  Now, if they end up not reporting, then this would be a "perk" for the other camp of folks who prefer that.  I'm indifferent, but tend lean toward the non-reporting aspect like BML or JPM Select/Palladium.

Message 43 of 66
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

It appears the jury is still out on that one.  Here at the end of November will be roughly 60 days for folks who initialy applied and got approved during mid-September to determine whether any of those accounts will be reporting.  I suppose the delay in reporting can be favorable for some folks depending on the lenders who take notice.  Now, if they end up not reporting, then this would be a "perk" for the other camp of folks who prefer that.  I'm indifferent, but tend lean toward the non-reporting aspect like BML or JPM Select/Palladium.

+1.

If this card ends up not reporting, I will be a lot more tempted to apply for it Smiley Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 44 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Palladium doesn't report?

Message 45 of 66
enharu
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

nope.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 46 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enharu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

nope.

Interesting... Smiley Very Happy

Message 47 of 66
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

The Palladium is on my list...

Message 48 of 66
dilettante
Established Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

Why?  Not trying to discourage anyone but just wondering what the attraction is for this card.  I have one and the way the card is presently, it's not all that great anymore, so will probably cancel if they don't "enhance" benefits next year as rumored.  The Palladium still has some good benefits but I don't understand people willing to go through lengths like depositing 250K in Chase just to have the Palladium.  Wanted to know if I'm missing out on something on this card and should reconsider my viewpoint of benefits of keeping it.

Message 49 of 66
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

Why?  Not trying to discourage anyone but just wondering what the attraction is for this card.  I have one and the way the card is presently, it's not all that great anymore, so will probably cancel if they don't "enhance" benefits next year as rumored.  The Palladium still has some good benefits but I don't understand people willing to go through lengths like depositing 250K in Chase just to have the Palladium.  Wanted to know if I'm missing out on something on this card and should reconsider my viewpoint of benefits of keeping it.

Is there an AF? depositing $250k in an account isn't going through lengths from my perspective. 

Message 50 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.