Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me think im good longish term

tag
nissanaltimacrazyhorse
Established Member

Re: Help me think im good longish term

ya cap 1 blows it did its job though. I haven't even got the cabelas card yet. How i do it grocries and gas amex, cabelas will only be used there, i guess the credit union card will be used for extreme emergencys and it will help the utilization alot, ill dump cap1 as soon as i find out cabelas or when the cu card comes

chase sapphire preferred 5k
capital one venture 5k
amex blue cash preferred 2.5k
chase freedom 500
amex premier reward npsl

trans union 705 goal 750
equifax 675 goal 750

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nissanaltimacrazyhorse wrote:

ya cap 1 blows it did its job though. I haven't even got the cabelas card yet. How i do it grocries and gas amex, cabelas will only be used there, i guess the credit union card will be used for extreme emergencys and it will help the utilization alot, ill dump cap1 as soon as i find out cabelas or when the cu card comes

I am pretty against store cards in general so take my advice with a grain of salt. I think the only good "store" card is the priceline rewards visa card which offers 2% on everything you buy, but I don't think you would qualify for that at this stage. 

Message 12 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

It seems like you have a good line up! If the crap 1 cards have no fee; you might as well keep them and stick them in a sock drawer
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 37
nissanaltimacrazyhorse
Established Member

crap1 has 59 fee so its a gonner, it was a nice card to rebuild sucks they dont work with you to make it grow

capital one venture 5k
chase freedom 500
amex premier reward npsl

trans union 705 goal 750
equifax 675 goal 750

Message 14 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Yep... give it the old axe Smiley Happy

Cap 1; its you not me; our relationship is going nowhere.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 37
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

How long have you had your Amex and CU CC? Banks and CCs like to see at least a year or 2 of open, active tradelines reporting for at least 2 accts. If you've had your Amex and CU CC a couple of years, then I'd close the Cap Ones. But if your Amex and/or CU CC are new, I'd wait until they've both been open at least a year, preferrably 2 yrs. And this is based on advice that I got from a loan officer/underwriter at my local CU.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 16 of 37
nissanaltimacrazyhorse
Established Member

amex will turn a year next month cu cc is new just got approved havent even got it yet. So maybe i should keep the cap1 for a couple more months? the annual fee is coming just a waste of money if i had to pay it.

capital one venture 5k
chase freedom 500
amex premier reward npsl

trans union 705 goal 750
equifax 675 goal 750

Message 17 of 37
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Just dump it.  The Amex and the other one will hold you for a good while.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 18 of 37
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@nissanaltimacrazyhorse wrote:

amex will turn a year next month cu cc is new just got approved havent even got it yet. So maybe i should keep the cap1 for a couple more months? the annual fee is coming just a waste of money if i had to pay it.

If you close your Cap Ones, you're only going to have one open tradeline that has been open one year. Your other open tradeline will be brand new. You're going to find it a challenge to qualify for any new (prime) CCs for at least another year. If you don't plan on apping for a year, then you'll probably be okay. But with only one 1-yr old open acct and one brand new one, most prime CCs aren't going to approve you. They really like to see at least 2 open tradelines that have been open for 1 year minimum.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 19 of 37
nissanaltimacrazyhorse
Established Member

so i only have to worry about dumping the cap 1 if i want new credit? The three i have now are more than enough, i do want a amex plat but that is at least 2 years away. Ill get rid of them on tuesday no since in paying the af

capital one venture 5k
chase freedom 500
amex premier reward npsl

trans union 705 goal 750
equifax 675 goal 750

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.