cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me understand my payment schedule.

tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Re: Help me understand my payment schedule.

hahhaa...yeah....

Okay, let's pretend that the payment of $1000 was made on 1/26/15...THEN all I said would have made sense, yeah?

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 11 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

And if I wanted to be a real good boy, I would pay $3,604.77 to have the next statement report as $0, correct?

It's not a matter of good/bad (subjecitve as with any topic) but whether or not you're trying to adjust the reported balance to 0.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

And if I wanted to be a real good boy, I would pay $3,604.77 to have the next statement report as $0, correct?

It's not a matter of good/bad but whether or not you're trying to adjust the reported balance.

If it's Chase then they would report 0 balance upon full repayment of the total credit line. Judging by the min payment however it might not be Chase. Lol.

Message 13 of 15
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

It's not a matter of good/bad but whether or not you're trying to adjust the reported balance.

If it's Chase then they would report 0 balance upon full repayment of the total credit line. Judging by the min payment however it might not be Chase. Lol.

Yeah, not Chase, Chase won't let me play with them!  They're still mad at me for what I did to them 6 years ago.  

Let this thread be a reminder to everyone to not to try work with numbers late at night after a looooong day at work.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 14 of 15
newhis
Valued Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

hahhaa...yeah....

Okay, let's pretend that the payment of $1000 was made on 1/26/15...THEN all I said would have made sense, yeah?

Exactly, in my original response I was going to put that maybe you paid 1/26/15 and not 1/16/15, so in fact you only needed to pay the rest to avoid interest.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.