cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me with a couple Capital One Questions...

tag
ohfortuna

Help me with a couple Capital One Questions...

What is "EO" I keep seeing references to sending emails to the "EO" for credit increases but no one ever spells it out...

I have a platimum card - CL $1,000 - What's the difference between platinum and quicksilver. Threads seem to indicate the quicksilver is the "next" step...

Thanks...

BTW -  I have gone all in with Capital One  - moved my checking - savings - auto loan and investments (sharebuilder) to them - happy so far...

Steven

Starting Score:588
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
duckfan4life
Established Member

Re: Help me with a couple Capital One Questions...

The EO is the Executive Office for Capital One. A friend of mine mentioned this to me as apparently Capital One is pretty difficult to get a CLI through the online system. Contacting the executive office seems to result in better luck with a CLI.

Regarding Capital One, I have the QuickSilver. Quicksilver comes in Visa Signature or Platinum Visa. If you can qualify for the $5K limit, you'll get the Visa signature version I believe. If not, you may qualify for a lesser amount on the Platinum version.

There is also the QuickSilver One card, which is a MC with an annual fee. I believe that one has less stringent requirements for credit history.

Gardening from 02/14/2014 - 07/01/2014

$4500                 $6K                      $1K                   $2K                $5K                    $15K                  $7.5K
Message 2 of 6
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-get-a-PC-or-CLI-from-Capital-One/m-p/1690104/hig...

EO is "Executive Office," which is just a fancy name for higher-tier customer service that normally gets vastly superior results when requesting CLIs, PCs, etc.

QuickSilver is a better card than regular platinum simply because it offers 1.5% cashback. So unless you're literally allergic to getting free cashback, it's clearly a superior card. 

Message 3 of 6
bobbay
Established Contributor

Great job... Don't put all your eggs in one basketSmiley Wink  It is wise to diversify.  Capital one has a CLI feature on the web page and has a nice chat feature.  If you are unable to get good results there and feel there is good reason they should take a personal look at your situation and re-consider many have reached out to the Executive Office.  If you use the search feature and read threads about the capital one executive office you will learn a lot more.  I am approaching my 10yr anniversary and they just doubled my CL after an account review so I am happy with Capital One.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 4 of 6
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Platinum MC Rewards card has rewards of 1% as you go and another .5% annually on your anniversary date.  If you PC to Quicksilver One you'll get the whole 1.5% as you go instead of waiting, but really it's still a Plat MC just with a new rewards plan.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 5 of 6
ohfortuna

I appreciate everyone's input!

Starting Score:588
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.