cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help my DGF find a travel card (please)

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Help my DGF find a travel card (please)

It will be her and her alone hitting the submit button. I would never app for someone other than myself.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 11 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I hit the submit button for my husband when he got his nfcu card... however he was in the same room and we were filling outthe application together.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 31
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:
I hit the submit button for my husband when he got his nfcu card... however he was in the same room and we were filling outthe application together.

Same thing here. I manage my DH's credit for him, with his explicit consent. If I submit an app for him, he's in the room, I go over the information entered on he app with him, and I ask for his permission one final time before hitting the submit button. He simply doesn't like filling out apps, while I don't have a problem with it. It's not uncommon for couples to divide up responsibilities, and after 28 years together, we've carved out certain niches of responsibility regarding domestic life. I take care of all the financial stuff, as he hates doing it, whereas I like it. And now thanks to myFICO, I've become quite good at managing the credit aspect! He's eschewed credit most of his life and has just now decided to become serious about building his own portfolio. So, I'm all too happy to help him. That being said, I would never, ever do anything regarding his credit without his explicit consent.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Same thing here. My husband doesn't care for credit cards. I talked him into nfcu platinum but he is opposed to any other cards. Which is fine with me. I always discuss with him before I apply for anything, and he is the one who helped me realize that I didn't need a business card and navcheck in october, as my current portfolio will take care of just about anything I may need. He stays engaged in our finances and asks about 2 times per month how we are doing as far as balances and money in our accounts. He waits until I'm on board before he makes any major purchases. It totally works for us Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 31
Jlu
Established Contributor

Thanks for the input. I will update this thread on the results of the AMEX apps after we submit them later this week. Waiting for Discover to show up on her report.

How long does Discover take to add TLs to CRs?
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 15 of 31
Jlu
Established Contributor

UPDATE: Just sent over the app for the Zync, showing up as "In Progress". Will await outcome. If approved she will try for SPG but she will probably just barely squeak by with the Zync approval. Will update shortly (hopefully).

Message 16 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

UPDATE: Just sent over the app for the Zync, showing up as "In Progress". Will await outcome. If approved she will try for SPG but she will probably just barely squeak by with the Zync approval. Will update shortly (hopefully).

Fingers crossed!!!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 31
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

i got the in progress message too when i applied for my BCP. just check back every hour or so. Good Luck!!

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 18 of 31
Jlu
Established Contributor

Update: Still in progress a full 12 hours later. Not sure whether this is good or bad.
Message 19 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Jlu wrote:
Update: Still in progress a full 12 hours later. Not sure whether this is good or bad.

Have her call in, they may need to verify info.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.