Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help my friend....ok scores....LOTS of inquiries

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Help my friend....ok scores....LOTS of inquiries

Ok, so all my friends know I am addicted to this site now and have been asking me questions. I have had all my good friends pull their credit reports so that they can make sure everything is ok. ALL of us have accts on our reports that we have never heard of, it's CRAZY.

But to my real question. My friend Maria has pretty good scores....TU-675 EX-660 EQ-680. However, she has 30 plus inquiries on each report(30, 32, 35)!!!! Lots of inquiries from different bank accts, student loan companies, some credit cards and some collection agencies.  25 are all within the last 6 months.

However, the only credit cards she has are orchard bank(secured), First Premier and a Macys card and all have low Credit lines($200, $500 and $300 respectively). My friend has some chargeoffs on her credit reports- 2 on each I believe).

Are there any cards that she can apply for that she may have a shot at with her scores even though she has so many inquiries?(She has C/O's with Wamu, Fleet Bank(which became bank of america), Capital one(she paid this off last month but her CR still shows CO) and she owes Bestbuy money as well.

I told her to look at the sites like WGMC but I don't know how accurate they are for someone with as many inquiries as her.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Re: Help my friend....ok scores....LOTS of inquiries

I would open an account with Crown Jewelers.  For one she would get a $1,500 or $2500 CL, and they do not pull credit, so know additional Hard.  Many wins by doing this.
CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 2 of 6
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Hey Robert,

I forgot to add, she did open a CJ acct when I did but she hated all the jewellery and so didn't buy anything.

She would like a regular credit card only at this point or a storecard that has a very good chance of turning into a creditcard.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 6
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

In my rebuilding, I have a Capitol One ($1,000 CL), Merrick Bank ($1,250 CL), and a few others, but maybe these would be worth looking at. I had a Credit One, but got tired of all the fees and closed out.  The good thing about CJ is that it helps with Util., gives a nice CL reporting, etc.  Know one that I hear from does not like the jewelry it's just for rebuilding.  Your friend just really needs to let some time go with all the inquiries.
CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell her to try Hooters i had like 22 inquiries when i applied an was approved.

Also GE Money they seem to be friendly well they been friendly to me.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have your friend stop applying for unsecured cards. Apply for 2 major bank secured cards. Keep for 6 months and then apply with same bank for unsecured. No more inqs in the mean time. Should fix up things. After the first bunch of inqs they are probably being denied based on number of inqs. Having more than 5 or 6 inqs per CR in 6 months is not good.

The other part is keep that UTL low. Good luck.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.