cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! need to Reopen American Eagle GEMB credit card..?

tag
isrababy2000

Help! need to Reopen American Eagle GEMB credit card..?

hello, 

Im trying to re open my American Eagle outfitters credit card that was issued my GE money bank.

I called customer service and they said that the account was closed due to payment(s) being returned.

I had two payments returned because I closed my bank account, and I forgot to change it on the website and a made two payments with the old bank account

Right now the account has $0 balance, my last payment was posted on  03/15/2011.

I have only two late payment with them... what can i do?? i call them and they said they are unable to re open closed accounts, that you need to reapply using either the website or apply in person in the store... I DONT WANNA DO THAT.. cause then i will have to credit cards.. one close and one open... the only thing that i want is change that it was closed by credit grantor or reopen it

My credit reports shows that the account was closed by the CREDIT GRANTOR, but updates every month... is there any other way to get this credit card reopen is the only negative information in my credit?? please help..

here screenshot of my credit report..

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1860/screenshot20120831at124.png

CREDIT

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Re: Help! need to Reopen American Eagle GEMB credit card..?

From what I've read from your post, and what I know about GE Captial Retail Bank, you may not have a shot of reopening the account. I've hear that if you let a payment get returned once, your ok, but twice, they close the account. Have you tried the executive offices/underwriters? Check the backdoor thread/sticky on this site and use that number to call instead of the number on the back of your card. You never know what they might be able to do for you. Good luck!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 2 of 5
Jlu
Established Contributor

Here's what I did:

I had a few lates from 2007 with a GEMB/AE account and I could not get approved for any GE backed cards. I sent them a GW letter explaining the situation and asking nicely that they remove the lates. A couple weeks later I pulled my reports and 'poof!' they were gone. The account now shows as a positive TL. A month later I was instantly approved for Amazon & Walmart store cards - both GE backed cards.

EDIT: If you want to PM me I will send you the GW letter I sent them.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 3 of 5
isrababy2000

Thank you, i will check the backdoor thread and i will call them to see what can they do... Ill let you know

Message 4 of 5
isrababy2000

Thank you inwill pm you forthe letter and by the way That was a nice move!! I hope they remove the lates to me as well ,, 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.