Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with next steps...

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Help needed with next steps...

@Anonymous wrote:

well crud-tried it exactly as listed in my CR on Equifax, but got the same result....

I see you added the opt-in site, will check it out & report back! Thanks!

Welcome to the forumSmiley Wink

Forgive my manners ...I slipped up

It will be IIRC 3-4 weeks after opting in if you're opted out before the CCC pickup on you and show offers ....Sorry 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help needed with next steps...

Don't trust the mail go to each lenders site and see what pre-approvals you have ...Chase Amex and Cap1 .....report back before making any moves 

As of today, my experian has gone up to 751, Equifax has risen to 730.

Here are the prequal results:

• AMEX: Premier Rewards Gold Card from American. Doesnt mention the 50,000 points the mail offer did. Also, I recieved a Platimun card mailer with 100,000 points, but that didnt come through on the prequal site.
  • CapOne: I have a secure card with them & didnt think I'd qualify for anything, but checked anyway. I qualified for the Capital One Platinum, and also the QuickSilverOne Rewards. APR is high after the 1st year (22-24%!) but I guess I should expect that in a starter card?
  • Discover: Discover IT
  • Chase: I tried making sure my address line was exactly as stated on the credit bureaus reports, but still getting the "No offers, you may have opted out" message. No idea whats going on there...
  • BofA: Again, I have a small 1K secure credit card with BofA & didnt expect to get any offers. I signed in & was prequalified for BankAmericard Cash Rewards, BankAmericard Travel Rewards Card, BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards Credit Card, BankAmericard Visa Card

What type of cards are you looking for cashback, Travel? 

What do you spend the most on monthly?

I dont really travel, so that seems a waste to focus on now. Probably cashback or rewards. I keep expenses on my cards pretty low really, and only spend as I need to maintain or grow. With the addition of a little one at the beginning of the year this is changing some though Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.