Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with no TL

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Help needed with no TL

Hey everybody! So today I met up with my brother and he was telling me about how he has 0 Trade lines!!! ZERO! no inquiries...

He's always been cash and carry and he's 26 So I thought I'd step in and help him, which bank should I make him an AU with? Will any bank backdate? BofA? NFCU? Cabelas? Chase?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help needed with no TL

@Creditplz wrote:
Hey everybody! So today I met up with my brother and he was telling me about how he has 0 Trade lines!!! ZERO! no inquiries...

He's always been cash and carry and he's 26 So I thought I'd step in and help him, which bank should I make him an AU with? Will any bank backdate? BofA? NFCU? Cabelas? Chase?

I was an authorized user for Bank of America last year. They reported all of the credit history of the primary card holder on my reports.

Message 2 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

Why not have your brother apply for his own Cap1 card? That way he can build his own history.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

He is pre approved for a platinum, just thought it'd be easy to get him good credit faster this way not that there's any rush.
Message 4 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yeah Chase back dates. Capital one does as well. I've done the same for my siblings. It helped them all to kick start their credit.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, if you're cool with it just allow the piggyback ride so that
A) He won't risk HPs on denials, which is a + for him
B) With the history from the AU reporting, many of these instant approval CCs
Will auto approve for NIce SLs, further helping him out with big SLs making it easier to low ultra low utilization fr the start

C) That wonderful start will allow him to build a very solid profile on steroids

My 21 y.o. son apped twice only 2 HPs in life and has approved for 20k in unsecured CCs due to the AU history he was allowed to piggy on

Again a great start.....
Who gets a first card, first CL ever at 12k @ 9.99% on their first HP?
A person lucky enough to have someone to guide them and allow for a piggyback ride....I certainly didn't get that kind of beginning 😎
Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Tuff luv, tough loveSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Added him on our 5yr old CSP 46k and BofA 8k
Message 8 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Asked for cards to be issued to my address, I'll put them in the safe Smiley Happy let's see how fast he generates a score
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.