Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please!!!! Discover it card 5-7 day message

tag
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help please!!!! Discover it card 5-7 day message

@PandiferBear wrote:

Regardless of bait and switch or not, I really do wish that Discover would change their prequalify site.  I do understand that they get more people to apply that way, but - sigh - it is just so disingenuous. Especially when you can put in fake info and get a message. Just my opinion.  If I put in my info, please USE it.

That's what I was getting at. Considering I left finger hut open my son was playing with the iPad and typing random letters and it came back a "$500 PRE approval for (bunch of letters)

that was what I was meaning! 

Message 11 of 19
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@Cookie2120987 wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

Regardless of bait and switch or not, I really do wish that Discover would change their prequalify site.  I do understand that they get more people to apply that way, but - sigh - it is just so disingenuous. Especially when you can put in fake info and get a message. Just my opinion.  If I put in my info, please USE it.

That's what I was getting at. Considering I left finger hut open my son was playing with the iPad and typing random letters and it came back a "$500 PRE approval for (bunch of letters)

that was what I was meaning! 

I just feel that Discover puts itself out there as a reputable company that will get your back with their commercials.  That is good advertising.  But, they should be a little more honest with the prequals. AT THE SAME TIME,  I do understand that this may be a good business decision for them.  That is unfortunate.  And I will eventually app with them, when I can get better APR terms, but still, it is disappointing. 

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 12 of 19
nmbrsgrl
Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

I agree. I don't get it. What's the point? How do they benefit from having you apply (believing you have a good chance at approval) just to deny you? I would think they would want you to know what needed to be done in order to be approved to use their flipping card!

Starting Score: 582
Current Score: EQ658|TU654|EX640 as of 10/19/15
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

I agree. I don't get it. What's the point? How do they benefit from having you apply (believing you have a good chance at approval) just to deny you? I would think they would want you to know what needed to be done in order to be approved to use their flipping card!

I honestly would appreciate a "we have no cards for you at this time."  I got those messages from Chase forever until recently, but at least that let me know that maybe putting an HP here was a pretty bad idea.  That said, I get WHY they do it (more people applying equals more people that eventually get approved).  I would just rather know if there is a brick wall in front of me before I run into it.  Other companies do that, and they could too, with the info they get.

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 14 of 19
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Regardless, when it's all said and done. You are the adult apping for the card and no one is making you app and no one is guaranteeing your approval. Whether it pops up a "congrats you are preapproved!!" OR "we think you'd like this card" OR "Sorry, nothing for you!" The decision to apply (or not) is up to you and whether you feel swayed in some way is irrelevant because you are an adult and made the decision.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 15 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

Their pre-qual site is useless... I entered Mickey Mouse and got an offer ..lol  and I am sure Mickey Mouse would end up with a denial ..lol

@OP  I always get that same message on all my apps for verification issues. Discover was the same. Only instant I ever got was Barclay's Sallie Mae Smiley Happy

Good luck!

Message 16 of 19
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Their pre-qual site is useless... I entered Mickey Mouse and got an offer ..lol  and I am sure Mickey Mouse would end up with a denial ..lol

Hilarous!!! Probably they check only the last 4 digit of the social?

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 17 of 19
JoeFontana

On discover I got that message and then they called me 2 days later with a "Congratulations, you're approved." 

This was with a very thin credit file. 1 account open for 7 months, that's it. 

Message 18 of 19
Forte747
Regular Contributor

Does anyone have the Backend phone number for Discover? Please PM it.

EQ: 661, EXP: 667, TU: 682, FICO®
GOAL: 800s
IN MY WALLET: AMEX PRG: NPSL | NAVY goRewards VISA: $7K | NAVY CashRewards: $3K | Navchek: $15K | Cap1QuicksilverOne: $2K | Cap1 QuickSilverOne: $2K | Cap1 Spark Business: $1K | Discover IT: $1.4K | Harley Visa: $1.5K | Lowes: $3.9K | FingerHut: $3.5K | NASA Rewards Visa: $2K | Amazon: $1.4K | Barclay Apple Visa: $1.2 | Barclay Rewards: $1.5K | GM WM Elite: $1000 | Walmart SC: $4K | | Kohls: $300 |
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.