Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please!!!

tag
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Help please!!!

Hi,

Sorry if my question has been asked before. I tried searching for it but could not find the answer.

So here it is:

I am writing GW. But I don't remember the full account numbers because I once shredded all my (baddies) cards. Some credit reports show the account number partially and a bunch of xxxxxx. I don't want to write my full SSN on the letter because it's so dangerous since my address is also on the letter.

What is the best way to expose myself on the GW so creditor can look up my accounts?

Regards

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Help please!!!

@pt2005 wrote:

Hi,

Sorry if my question has been asked before. I tried searching for it but could not find the answer.

So here it is:

I am writing GW. But I don't remember the full account numbers because I once shredded all my (baddies) cards. Some credit reports show the account number partially and a bunch of xxxxxx. I don't want to write my full SSN on the letter because it's so dangerous since my address is also on the letter.

What is the best way to expose myself on the GW so creditor can look up my accounts?

Regards

They don't need the full account number just stated account number 5353 4235 3461 xxxx last 4 digits omitted by my credit report worked fine for me and i got rid of all my baddies =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

They don't need the full account number just stated account number 5353 4235 3461 xxxx last 4 digits omitted by my credit report worked fine for me and i got rid of all my baddies =)

+1 or you can call the original company . Provide all the information and they can give you the full details of account number. Or maybe call Credit Bureaus........Hope it help

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 10
distantarray
Established Contributor

just remember NEVER send any personal information to the collections, since most collections will NEVER have your information doesn't matter I guess if it's paid, but just stating it incase. Most of the time they'll request information and fill in the blanks. Since they probably won't have true documentation which is required by law to post on your reports.

the safer bet is to comb through your reports like a hawk, chances are you'll find reporting innaccuracies or reporting violations, with that you can force them to delete, every single derog on my report had innaccuracies and one even took me over a year to find, and it was a big one too! anyways I got all mine removed cause they violated the law, and claimed they investigated when they did not. pressed them hard with a intention to sue and things all disappeared. Reporting violations are $1,000 each in the FCRA. One company I counted 51 violations, and 3 from each Experian, Equifax, and Transunion because their method of verification is not valid.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 10
beb86
Valued Contributor

@pt2005 wrote:

Hi,

So here it is:

Regards

One way you can get your full ACCT # is pull all three reports...im not sure of which ones give you which but you can use the info from all CRAs to piece together you ACCT#. I also think if you have the last 4 #s or the first 12 #s and the last 4 of your SSN they should be able to pull it up....

Message 5 of 10
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your precious advice.

I will try call the creditors to obtain the account numbers, pull CRs, as well as to call the bureaus to get all the account # before sending GW. I will remember not to put the whole SSN. Maybe just the last 4.

I once did not understand much about credit and let many of my good cards went into charge offs. Those include 3 BoFa ($5.5K, $7K, $8.5K), Macys Visa ($12K), Chase ($1.5K), Best Buy ($1.5K).

In early 2010, I went from total credit of about $30K+ DOWN to $600. Yes, $600. I had only 2 credit cards left (Cap 1: $500, and Kohls: $100). My score went down to 500s in 2010. Though all of my COs have been settled, getting back to my feet was extremely hard since no one wanted to grant me credit. Just since I knew about this forum, I learned a great deal and was able to get 2 AMEX, 1 Discover, and several GE backed cards. My total credit limit is now about $17K, a great accomplishment from $600 a year ago. My FICO score now is about 670 across the big 3. But I believe if I ask the creditors to delete the COs, I would be in a much better shape. 

One of my biggest achievement with the help of this forum is to get Cap1 to remove the $59 AF on my Cap1 and also got a CLI and PC to $3000 (from $500 mentioned above). I learned about the 1-9% util. I learned about spreading util to the cards and PIF. I also learned to pay multiple times before and after the statement cuts. Oh boy, so many great advices that I never say thank you enough. I'm no longer using my debit card to pay for things. I now use my cards to pay for stuff and then pay them down or off.

This is a wonderful community. 

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 6 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You are better off disputing through the CRAs. Collection agencies are shady!!!! While i'm encouraging you to lie, it is the debt collector's responsibility to prove you owe the debt.... Make them prove it. If you GW the accts, you just stuck your own foot in your mouth!!!! The CRAs are meant to act as mediators between you and the creditor. Additionally, many states allow you to request and KNOW the method of verification. I struggled with years to get fraud accts removed from my reports, and they kept getting re-sold and re-added. They've finally been removed (except one) and have not re-appeared for a few months. Good luck!!!!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I meant NOT*. do not lie! Lol gah
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well my info is useless it looks like lol
Message 9 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Made me raise an eyebrow.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.