Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! problem with new Bloomingdale's Insider Amex CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! problem with new Bloomingdale's Insider Amex CC

Help! I was told by Bloomingdale's that my new "Bloomingdale's Insider Amex cc" is two cards in one and it will show up as to separate accounts on my credit report. One as a store card and the other as a credit card. Is this true? this is going to mess up my overall age average.

I was told I can cancel the one of them. if I cancel now would the TL still show up? I just activated the card today. Darn it, I only signed up for one store card to improve the mix.

Any advice?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Will the Bloomingdale's Insider Amex CC show up as two separate accounts on Fico?

@Anonymous wrote:

Help! I was told by Bloomingdale's that my new "Bloomingdale's Insider Amex cc" is two cards in one and it will show up as to separate accounts on my credit report. One as a store card and the other as a credit card. Is this true? this is going to mess up my overall age average.

I was told I can cancel the one of them. if I cancel now would the TL still show up? I just activated the card today. Darn it, I only signed up for one store card to improve the mix.

Any advice?

Thanks

Correct 2 accounts, one charge card like an amex for in store purposes and 1 revolving credit card for amex.

you activated so doubt if you cancelled the trade line now it would most likely get reported.

With Macys and Bloomingdales there is an option to apply only for store card.

But I would keep it, you get better rewards especially once you hit elite or whatever they call it these days

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will the Bloomingdale's Insider Amex CC show up as two separate accounts on Fico?

i was told i can keep the store card and cancel the other one. I do want to keep the store card. the question will the second TL still show if i only keep the store card?

thanks

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i was told i can keep the store card and cancel the other one. I do want to keep the store card. the question will the second TL still show if i only keep the store card?

thanks

I would say yes because the accounts has been activated.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

a) If I keep both accounts, will that double the impact on my OAA ?

b) if I cancel one of the accounts will the closed TL still impact my OAA?

thanks

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes it would double.

I would also think yes on closed but not certain

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.