Regular Contributor
remarc

Help raising my limits on my CC

I'm stuck at $1500 on all my cards. No one will give me a higher limit. I've tried CLI on my cards but they all tell me no with SP and it would take HP to bump up my limits. Right now I don't wish to do that as I'm looking to change my car in the next few months.

Here is a short example of my history.

Average Length of credit 1.5 yrs
23% UTI

Discover : $1000
Chase freedom : $1500
Chase Slate : $1500
Cap one : $1500
Citi platinum Select :$1500
Amazon store card $1500
Walmart store card :$1500
Best Buy store card : $1300
Kay's & Jared's : $5100

Btw. I'm not looking to add any more cards.
Should I close some??

Citi has just passed 1 year mark
Discover & chase freedom will be 1 year mark in march.
Best buy is 3 years in march only ever had 1 increase.

Please can u advise what u think I should do or best way to progress.
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

Re: Help raising my limits on my CC

I wouldnt close them, especially before getting a new car. Keep them, use them responsibly, and be patient...in a few months you'll be able to request higher lines on some of the cards, especially GE...you can request a CLI on the amazon and Walmart every 4 months...

I also recommend using each card at least once a month, PIF, 1%-9% utilization, and keeping that utilization balance on one card while the rest report zero...this will help boost your score for that car loan as well as give you a better shot at SP CLI!
Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

FICOS: EX 759 EQ 718 TU 740 Credit Karma (TU) 790 Transrisk 820/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 766 Credit.com (EX) 774 VantageScore 3.0 726 Quizzle (EQ) 721
Frequent Contributor
QAMngrGirl

daybreakgonesXe wrote:
I wouldnt close them, especially before getting a new car. Keep them, use them responsibly, and be patient...in a few months you'll be able to request higher lines on some of the cards, especially GE...you can request a CLI on the amazon and Walmart every 4 months...

I also recommend using each card at least once a month, PIF, 1%-9% utilization, and keeping that utilization balance on one card while the rest report zero...this will help boost your score for that car loan as well as give you a better shot at SP CLI!

+1 Great advice!

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+

Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

remarc wrote:
I'm stuck at $1500 on all my cards. No one will give me a higher limit. I've tried CLI on my cards but they all tell me no with SP and it would take HP to bump up my limits. Right now I don't wish to do that as I'm looking to change my car in the next few months.

Here is a short example of my history.

Average Length of credit 1.5 yrs
23% UTI

Discover : $1000
Chase freedom : $1500
Chase Slate : $1500
Cap one : $1500
Citi platinum Select :$1500
Amazon store card $1500
Walmart store card :$1500
Best Buy store card : $1300
Kay's & Jared's : $5100

Btw. I'm not looking to add any more cards.
Should I close some??

Citi has just passed 1 year mark
Discover & chase freedom will be 1 year mark in march.
Best buy is 3 years in march only ever had 1 increase.

Please can u advise what u think I should do or best way to progress.

You have a nice set of cards please do not close any. Right now you are really doing good just be a bit more patient you are at or just pass the 1 year mark let your cards grow you want it fast but, you know it takes time just continue to do what you have been doing. Try to get a increase from the underwriters at walmart g.e. this can help with utilization since they are gr8 with increases.

Established Contributor
adavis425

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

+1

What he/she said....Patience, Grasshopper. :smileytongue:

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}