cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to get back in with chase and amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help to get back in with chase and amex?

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I said hopefully not forever.   That's not forever, but it's close.  lol

To be fair, I may have been able to get back in sooner. I just never tried until early this year.

Message 11 of 19
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am about to pay off two co's with chase and one with amex.  All three are with the oc and report maxed out each month and are killing my utilization.  Shows up between 50-70 % depending on cra.  So I'm hoping that I can get a decent score jump when they show 0 balance because then util will be about 5% or less.   With about 10000 in current and open credit lines.  Once these are paid off how hard and how long might it take me to get back in with chase and amex.  I know its ymmv just curious if anyone else has had any experience with this.  Also if it;s gonna be a while till their memory fades.  What is the possibility of maybe getting a usaa amex since its a cobranded card.  Would that be easier.  My scores are currently are still a little low so Im hoping they'll be high enough once these are paid off to do something.  thanks for taking time to read this( sorry so long)

current my fico scores

eq----658

trans-650

exp---641

Congrats on being able to pay Chase and Amex off. Just make sure Chase still owns the debt and is not in the process of selling it or serving you. See if you can get the Amex Oasis Card too.

Keep us posted

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am about to pay off two co's with chase and one with amex.  All three are with the oc and report maxed out each month and are killing my utilization.  Shows up between 50-70 % depending on cra.  So I'm hoping that I can get a decent score jump when they show 0 balance because then util will be about 5% or less.   With about 10000 in current and open credit lines.  Once these are paid off how hard and how long might it take me to get back in with chase and amex.  I know its ymmv just curious if anyone else has had any experience with this.  Also if it;s gonna be a while till their memory fades.  What is the possibility of maybe getting a usaa amex since its a cobranded card.  Would that be easier.  My scores are currently are still a little low so Im hoping they'll be high enough once these are paid off to do something.  thanks for taking time to read this( sorry so long)

current my fico scores

eq----658

trans-650

exp---641

It only took me 33 years to get back in with Amex after burning them in 1982.

Another data point - I burned Chase in 2005 for about 10k and I got back in with them this year. It was a co-branded Hyatt card so I dont know if that was easier or not but at least not on blacklist i guess. 

Message 13 of 19
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

current my fico scores

eq----658

trans-650

exp---641

It only took me 33 years to get back in with Amex after burning them in 1982.

Another data point - I burned Chase in 2005 for about 10k and I got back in with them this year. It was a co-branded Hyatt card so I dont know if that was easier or not but at least not on blacklist i guess. 

Congrats on getting the card.

did you have to recon.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You say you burnt chase.  Did you ever go back and pay the co or settle for less,  Or was it included in a bankruptcy.  

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You say you burnt chase.  Did you ever go back and pay the co or settle for less,  Or was it included in a bankruptcy.  

I actually did have to recon for the Hyatt card bc i froze my reports so i was originally rejected and had to give them access to my experian report. 

Chase sold my debt to a collection agency and I settled the debt for about 50%.

Message 16 of 19
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually did have to recon for the Hyatt card bc i froze my reports so i was originally rejected and had to give them access to my experian report. 

Did they ask you about the charge off

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did they ask you about the charge off

Yes the credit analyst did ask me about the charge off and I was caught a little off guard, and i just said i was young and in college back then and was irresponsible with my money but i am more responsible now. Dont know if he was too satisfied with my answer but gave me the minimum CL for the card. The Hyatt card is a visa signature so 5k is the lowest. 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well at least they let you back in.   I been starting very low on all my new cards.  But I know as long as I prove myself it will grow.   

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.