cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with AAoA and utilization and inquiries.

tag
amanda1266
Valued Member

Help with AAoA and utilization and inquiries.

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping to get some information.  I'm working on building up my credit scores and my husbands.  I have successfully removed "baddies" from my credit reports.  My score started around 550 and it's now 652.  My husbands score just went over 700.  So now I want to work on AAoA, utilization and inquiries.  I would like to apply for a new card or two.  The next big purchase for us will be in a couple years when we buy a house. 

So, I was wondering if anyone can offer some information on ideal numbers for AAoA and utilization.  Also, what about inquiries.  How many inquiries can you can before they start harming your credit?  How many are too many to get approved for some of the prime cards?

Thanks much!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Help with AAoA and utilization and inquiries.

For utilization, below 9% is ideal. The lowest it is, the better it is. If you can do 1% util, do it.

For inquiries, the number can vary for individuals. The thicker the file, the more leeway people have with what constitutes as too many inquiries. You want to keep it as low as possible. IMO try to keep it below 10. There's really no right or wrong answer for this.

Same for AAoA. The longer the better. I would say try to maintain at least 12-18months AAoA just to be somewhat safe.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.