Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with AMEX

tag
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Help with AMEX

I did the creditcards.com offer tool where they SP my report and I had three exclusive offers Delta Gold, BCE, and BCP. I really want to add BCP. I was approved for the AMEX Costco True Earnings on May 3rd, $2k limit.  My 61st day will be July 4th.I'll probably hold off until July 5th (Due to holiday). I was wondering if I applied for BCP now how it might affect my 3x CLI in July on TE card?

However, I was also thinking if I get my 3xCLI  to 6k on July 5th and then try again for another 3x CLI 180 days later which would be Jan 2nd 2014 which would hopefully bring my limit to 18k. It seems that I would be better off doing this and waiting until January to apply for BCP for maximum backdating and I would have hopefully had my Costco Limit raised to 18k and hopefully leveraging a a higher starting credit line on the BCP should I be approved. 

Thoughts/suggestions are welcomed.

Also just out of curiosity does anyone know what department stores counts for the 3% cash back?

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with AMEX

Here are the department stores:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/rewards-info/retail.html

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 5
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

New card will not effect your 3X CLI request at all. I would advise to not apply for a new card based on the low limit you received on the Costco card. Give it some time, use the card and PIF. Don't request the CLI unless card has $0 balance and hope for the best. If they 3X you then consider applying for a new card 30 days out as they just showed you some love. Take slow steps in the beginning with amex. 

Message 3 of 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Wail till January for the BCP card, it will give you a full year of backdating goodness then, your internal score will be higher, and your starting CL on the BCP will be higher, could be much higher.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Get the limit to $18k on the first card, then right after..app for the other card.

I did that! Got my BCE to $24,500 today after about 8 months total, then immediately app'ed for Amex Delta Gold and got a $5500 limit. I love that Amex goes by days in between clis; once you're in w Amex, they seem to keep the clis coming!!! Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.