cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Amex choice, Gold or ZYNC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Amex choice, Gold or ZYNC?

I received both my Zync and Gold card yesterday; I'm going to hold on to both for a year to see which one I use more. Since I don't travel much I'll probably end up applying for a credit card, perhaps the Clear Card and then canceling the Gold card right before the yearly fee is due. That being said it feels good to have AmEx in my wallet. Over the last few months I have applied for more credit then I planned on and now that I have some good cards I'm going into complete gardening mode. I don't plan to apply for anymore credit for about a year. I do want to say thanks to you guys for helping me learn more about my credit and how to use it wisely... However, now that I'm new to AmEx I do have one question, Do the points post after you buy something with your card or do they post after the statement closing date i.e. once a month? And as part of my Zync card sign up I'm supposed to receive 10,000 points, how long does it usually take for those sign up points to post?

Message 21 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you will see pending points on your statement based on your payment in full of balance.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok... cool, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the info.

Message 23 of 29
winstars
Regular Contributor

One more question, when you double apped that day, did you wind up getting one or two inquiries to your EX CR??? (if it was EX)

Thanks

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Winstars, it only reported as one inquire to my EX CR. I'm not sure if AmEx pulls other CR or not but they only pulled EX for me and thankfully, they only counted it as one pull since it was on the same day.

Message 25 of 29
winstars
Regular Contributor

WOW!!! Very cool, I have read about this with AMEX before. It does not always happen. I have read that a person apps for a card and is instantly approved, then apps right away for the second. Which is sort of what you did although when you apped for the second card you thought the first app had not gone through. Nice and Congrats!!!

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'm happy to finally have AmEx in my wallet; it's like a personal achievement for my self. I've wanted AmEx for years so it's nice to see the work pay off.

Message 27 of 29
Cory
Established Contributor

I don't know about anyone else, but when I received my Zync last year, I was hit with the AF within the first 60 days of card's opening date. So you might not get to wait a year before they bill you the AF for both cards.

Cory

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The $25 fee for the Zync card is due shortly after activating the card, but the AF for the gold card, which is $125 is waved for the first year; at least that's what the website says. I don't mind paying $25 but I don't really want to pay $125.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.