Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Bank of America issue!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help with Bank of America issue!!!

@quarius wrote:

I have a Mets BOA card with a limit of $2400. The closing date this month was the 24th so i paid $1600 on my card bringing it down to $600, they report my balance as $600 which is fine. So i wait until my statement posts on my account for the next month to start using it again, then i get an email today saying my balance increased on my fico. I checked it out and they reported again a few days after with a higher balance of $1200 now, so it shows an increase of $500. What the hell is this reporting 2 times in the course of 5days??? Also i pay it down and use it after the closing date right now because im trying to apply for some card and cli's this month on some cards. I tryed to call and of course the department is closed today and i have to wait until monday. 

I need some help or info as to what or why this happened please, im so upset about this.

Are you shopping mortgage or something right now?

I'm not sure why you would be so upset or worried that you are at 50% util. this month.  Next month it will go down if you pay and don't use.

I guess if you have just 1 card it would be easier to really worry each month about util. but realy unless you are about to apply for more credit, especially mortage, I would not stress and spend the time to beat the util. game on your credit report.

Message 11 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

To the OP

I know how frustrating it must be to have your statement reported twice in one month when it's not expected and you have plans to app. I know first hand how statement dates can be tricky. But you still can make plans for next month and that will be here in no time at all. What is interesting is the fact that not all cards report twice per month.Wells Fargo doesn't but I have heard that BoA does.At least you know how they operate for future reference.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 12 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@quarius wrote:

I have a Mets BOA card with a limit of $2400. The closing date this month was the 24th so i paid $1600 on my card bringing it down to $600, they report my balance as $600 which is fine. So i wait until my statement posts on my account for the next month to start using it again, then i get an email today saying my balance increased on my fico. I checked it out and they reported again a few days after with a higher balance of $1200 now, so it shows an increase of $500. What the hell is this reporting 2 times in the course of 5days??? Also i pay it down and use it after the closing date right now because im trying to apply for some card and cli's this month on some cards. I tryed to call and of course the department is closed today and i have to wait until monday. 

I need some help or info as to what or why this happened please, im so upset about this.

I'm not sure why you would be so upset or worried that you are at 50% util. this month.  Next month it will go down if you pay and don't use.

I guess if you have just 1 card it would be easier to really worry each month about util. but realy unless you are about to apply for more credit, especially mortage, I would not stress and spend the time to beat the util. game on your credit report.

IMO, i'll be going through the same thing this month (BT taking too long to go through) and it looks like your not able to handle your obligations to other creditors when that is not really the case.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 14
quarius
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@quarius wrote:

Im upset because yes i was planning on going on a spree this month and asking for cli on all my card that needed it. also.

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
12/23/18 [Experian-Fico 799][TU-Fico799][Equifax-Fico786]
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.