Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with BofA issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with BofA issue

I have the Bank of America Cash Rewards Secured Card w/ only $300 deposit since May 28, 2016. I called customer service to inquire how long before it becomes unsecured and was told 1 yr. A few days later I received a letter that they are getting rid of the $39 annual fee on my card although it's still secured status. I thought that was odd, but I am glad they did.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Yes you can get your annual fee removed. Many of us here have. Call a senior analyst at 866-618-4585. You can also combine limits with the BBR you plan to app.

I called this number, the second call got to a nice lady who said she would remove it, I told her I was not confident that it was gone and she put me on hold while she double checked everything and then said that she could guarantee that it has been removed. 

I looked online today and under the fees section it no longer has the annual fee listed and it says $0 fees for this card.

PS there was literally no wait, all I had to do was give last four of my SS and she was ready to help me vs the 35 min wait calling the number on the back of the card, So I'm keeping this number hopefully it doesn't get a abused.

Message 12 of 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

Glad it all worked out for you. And yes hang on to that number. It will come in handy! 😉
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.