Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Closing Date and Purchase Please

tag
Financiers
Valued Member

Help with Closing Date and Purchase Please

Hi everyone,

I feel kind of dumb, but I'm a little confused about something.  I want to purchase a somewhat big item and want to pay it off right away.  Problem is, I want to make sure that I can pay it off before my statement closes ( so ideally, I would want to have the purchase go to my July Statement and not my June statement).

My closing date is July 5th.  Wouldn't that mean that anything I buy up to July 5th goes on my "june" statement?  So if i buy today (June 21st) it would be due on my "June Payment"  I feel very dumb and apologize in advance.  Thanks!

p.s. it says online that my payment due date is the 2nd of every month

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with Closing Date and Purchase Please

Yes it will be on your upcoming statement which ends on the 2nd. Stuff purchased anywhere between the 29th to the 2nd could be on next month's depending on how long it is processed or whatever. I've seen purchases being processed in a day and some up to 3-4 days 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 6
Financiers
Valued Member

Thanks closingracer,

That makes sense.  I don't know why I was having issues understanding this, haha

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buy it on the 6th if you want to be absolutely sure it wont show up. You would probably be fine buying it on the 5th, but if you want to play it safe, buy it on the 6th.

And i think Closingracer made a mistake. Your statement ends on the 5th. Not the 2nd. Your due date has nothing to do with the closing date.
Message 4 of 6
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Buy it on the 6th if you want to be absolutely sure it wont show up. You would probably be fine buying it on the 5th, but if you want to play it safe, buy it on the 6th.

And i think Closingracer made a mistake. Your statement ends on the 5th. Not the 2nd. Your due date has nothing to do with the closing date.

It was the 2nd when I wrote my comment or at least I thought  it did. Either way it applies but just a few days later. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Financiers wrote:

Wouldn't that mean that anything I buy up to July 5th goes on my "june" statement?

Technically transactions that post through your statement date are included in the statement cycle.  It is possible for a charge to be made within the cycle but not post in time.

@Anonymous wrote:
Your due date has nothing to do with the closing date.

It does have something to do with it but they're not the same thing.  Due date = statement date + grace period.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.