Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with NFCU CLOC payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with NFCU CLOC payment

I used my LOC to make a large payment.  Total was about 3k of it. Now I could transfer over from my Savings Acct. But Id much rather just use one of my 0%apr offers to pay it off slower. My Discover It still has 12 months so I wanna do a Balance Transfer using them. Any help on how to do this? Im not sure what my Acct # is with the CLOC. Is it same as my Checking Acct? Or could I just transfer the money to my checking and pay it off that way. Either way! Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with NFCU CLOC payment

@Anonymous wrote:

I used my LOC to make a large payment.  Total was about 3k of it. Now I could transfer over from my Savings Acct. But Id much rather just use one of my 0%apr offers to pay it off slower. My Discover It still has 12 months so I wanna do a Balance Transfer using them. Any help on how to do this? Im not sure what my Acct # is with the CLOC. Is it same as my Checking Acct? Or could I just transfer the money to my checking and pay it off that way. Either way! Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

Your best bet if you want to take advantage of the Discover 0% offer is to get them to send you BT checks and then write yourself a check and deposit that into your checking account.  Then pay off the CLOC.  I don't believe there is a direct way to BT to the CLOC account as it doesn't have it's own account number.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I called them and they accepted my checking account # for the BT. So Ill know in a few days if it worked. If not, Ill get the BT checks sent to me. Forgot all about those!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I called them and they accepted my checking account # for the BT. So Ill know in a few days if it worked. If not, Ill get the BT checks sent to me. Forgot all about those!

Ok, good to hear.  Hope it works out alright.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.