Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with amex questions

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with amex questions

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:
The rewards structure on the MB card looks great, but I just can't carry a card that says Mercedes Benz on the front.

FWIW I'm a huge car guy. I drive an '04, mint condition Honda S2000. Lots of fun to drive. I make it out to autocross events whenever I can find the time.

CreditScholar - I'm guessing you're talking about the NSX and S2000?

Yes I am. Smiley Happy

Did they honestly make anything else of note? Smiley Tongue

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 61 of 76
Open123
Super Contributor

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:
The rewards structure on the MB card looks great, but I just can't carry a card that says Mercedes Benz on the front.

FWIW I'm a huge car guy. I drive an '04, mint condition Honda S2000. Lots of fun to drive. I make it out to autocross events whenever I can find the time.

CreditScholar - I'm guessing you're talking about the NSX and S2000?

I still remember vividly when the NSX was unveiled in the early 90s (big McLaren fans back then).  It was the best handling car at the time, and still is after all these years.  Mid engine well balance and commensurately powered sports cars are timless to drive.

Message 62 of 76
myjourney
Super Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
I want a volvo card that is volvo blue matte background with the volvo badge in aluminum going diagonally across the card with the arrow and circle in the middle. Name; info; all should be on the back along with a metallic amex logo.
The front would contain the card number; CIV; and member since date.

Now thats what im talking about...yeah thats a card

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 63 of 76
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

CreditScholar - Haha. Nothing at all. And glad to hear yo...

CreditScholar - Haha. Nothing at all. And glad to hear you love your NSX. It's a beautiful car and was a marvel of engineering for its time. Some may consider it "dated", but there's something to be said for that incredible, "connected to the road" driving experience that you get with some cars. I hope to own one...one day.

Forgive me lack of quoting - on my phone.
Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 64 of 76
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: CreditScholar - Haha. Nothing at all. And glad to hear yo...

Major off topic tangent here...

Thinking instead of Double Browser method, I've got Double Clutching in my mind.  Brings back fond memories and still remember being schooled on the "heal to toe" clutching on the track.

Message 65 of 76
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
So, I go away for a few hours to come back to the worlds biggest picture of the worlds ugliest Amex! Thanks LS! My eyes are bleeding. Lol

So did my thread but webhopper got me the perfect answer...must admit the card design/best car is interesting. I'm Thinking of renaming it.

Help with amex questions/volvo/MB 

what you think? Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 66 of 76
Open123
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
So, I go away for a few hours to come back to the worlds biggest picture of the worlds ugliest Amex! Thanks LS! My eyes are bleeding. Lol

Yeah, I cracked up when blew it up!

Message 67 of 76
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

I still remember vividly when the NSX was unveiled in the early 90s (big McLaren fans back then).  It was the best handling car at the time, and still is after all these years.  Mid engine well balance and commensurately powered sports cars are timless to drive.

Thats what happens when Ayrton Senna has a hand in development. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 68 of 76
Open123
Super Contributor

@E150GT wrote:

Thats what happens when Ayrton Senna has a hand in development. 

I miss that guy.  Too bad.  Glory days of Prost, Mansell, et al...

Message 69 of 76
HiLine
Blogger

@myjourney wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

I would much rather apply for the Premier Rewards Gold: same underwriting standard, much better reward structure, waived first year's annual fee, and 50,000 Membership Rewards bonus. Before the anniversary hit you can request a product change to a cheaper charge card if you find that the extra rewards are not worth the difference in annual fees.

I understand the AF deal which is why i'll make the switch down the road to CC but just what are those points worth? Whats the best way to use?

The points are worth almost 2 cents per point if you transfer the airline partners to book domestic flights. Smiley Wink

Message 70 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.