Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with my credit profile in getting Kays card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with my credit profile in getting Kays card

My profile is everything in my signature.  Do you think I would be approved for a Kays credit account? Looking at buying an engagement ring soon.  I have two PIF colelctions two years old and two PIF chargeoffs from 4 years go also

11 REPLIES 11
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

Re: Help with my credit profile in getting Kays card

I would say yes, My wife's profile looks worse than that and she got $2000 limit.

Message 2 of 12
fot1
Established Contributor

I think you should be fine to get the card with your profile.

Too many to list..
Message 3 of 12
My_Fako
Established Contributor

My two cents... There are much better places to buy a engagement ring than (over priced)  Kays... 

8 Years ago I bought a ring from them around 7 or 8k can't really remember. But I found out,  I could of got, so equivalent 1/2 that at the (Jewelry Exchange)  I would personally stay away from the mall, for a engagement rings. All overpriced in my opinion... 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 4 of 12
My_Fako
Established Contributor

But if you really want to go with them....  My report at the time was less than stellar...  And was approved for 4k and the sales rep called in to, Sterling that who does the underwriting and had my limit increased to 8k...

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 5 of 12
VegasMom
Regular Contributor

Kays was one of my first rebuilders.  Approved for $1000 with scores lower than yours.  Auto Cli to $3000 a month later without using the card.  

Message 6 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My profile is everything in my signature.  Do you think I would be approved for a Kays credit account? Looking at buying an engagement ring soon.  I have two PIF colelctions two years old and two PIF chargeoffs from 4 years go also

I think they would approve you, but I worry that you're getting in over your head.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 7 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My profile is everything in my signature.

Your profile is not just a list of accounts and/or scores.  Give us an idea of where you stand with each of these factors.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two PIF colelctions two years old and two PIF chargeoffs from 4 years go also

Work on getting those removed if possible.  Paid does not really help.  Derogs will tend to have a major impact and hold one down as long as they are on reports.  Carefully research in the REbuilding subforum.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying my hardest to get them all removed. I just sent out goodwill letters a couple days ago.

@southjamaica why do you say I'm in over my head
Message 9 of 12
Pway
Valued Contributor

You should have no problems with getting a Kay account.  From your profile I see it seems as though you have done some good rebuilding.  The only way you would know is if you apped for the card.  

I have a Kay card and I only used it once.  My scores was around yours when I got approved.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.