Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping GF Build Credit!

tag
drew11
Regular Contributor

Re: Helping GF Build Credit!

Citi said they were going to access her credit report and make a decision by next week. If they deny her of it then she'll bring up the "accidentally meant to sign up for the Student card" excuse. 

And that's great to hear Freemason8040, way to help her her sister out!

01/04/17 Equifax FICO 788
01/04/17 Experian FICO 789
01/04/17 TransUnion FICO 784

Amex BCP $24,000 | Chase Freedom: $13,000 | Chase SR: $35,000 | Discover IT: $20,000 | PenFed Platinum: $32,000
Message 31 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I would try to push the process as even if you bring it up later, they might want to pull another inquiry.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 32 of 42
drew11
Regular Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

I would try to push the process as even if you bring it up later, they might want to pull another inquiry.

Push the process of them taking a look at her report for the regular Citi forward or telling them now that she accidentally applied for the wrong one and would like to be looked at for the citi forward student card?

Amex BCP $24,000 | Chase Freedom: $13,000 | Chase SR: $35,000 | Discover IT: $20,000 | PenFed Platinum: $32,000
Message 33 of 42
drew11
Regular Contributor

So she called citi on saturday to state that she meant to apply for the student citi forward instead of the regular forward and they told her that her application already was for the student card?! We're guessing that because she put her college and grade level on the application she was in that they automatically you review you for the student version instead. The CSR said they would need 7-10 days to review the application and would send an email notifying about their decision. So we'll see how that goes, and we're also waiting for our Amex Zyncs to arrive in the mail this week!

Message 34 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@drew11 wrote:

So she called citi on saturday to state that she meant to apply for the student citi forward instead of the regular forward and they told her that her application already was for the student card?! We're guessing that because she put her college and grade level on the application she was in that they automatically you review you for the student version instead. The CSR said they would need 7-10 days to review the application and would send an email notifying about their decision. So we'll see how that goes, and we're also waiting for our Amex Zyncs to arrive in the mail this week!

There is place on app for college and grade level on normal citibank application?

Message 35 of 42
drew11
Regular Contributor

I believe so because all we did was search google for Citi Forward Card and clicked the first one which seemed to be the regular version. At the top of the application it mentioned nothing of the student card so I'm not sure. Either way I guess it turned out alright because we were hoping that we could get them to review the app for the student card instead.

Message 36 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@drew11 wrote:

I believe so because all we did was search google for Citi Forward Card and clicked the first one which seemed to be the regular version. At the top of the application it mentioned nothing of the student card so I'm not sure. Either way I guess it turned out alright because we were hoping that we could get them to review the app for the student card instead.

I hope you didn't get a lazy rep who just told you want you wanted to hear.  In any case, recon any denials and the starting CL (if no hard pull is required). 

Message 37 of 42
drew11
Regular Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@drew11 wrote:

I hope you didn't get a lazy rep who just told you want you wanted to hear.  In any case, recon any denials and the starting CL (if no hard pull is required). 

Hopefully not! In regards to recons, what usually works in order to get them to take a second look at the applicaiton in hopes of either approving or increasing the CL? 

Message 38 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@drew11 wrote:

Hopefully not! In regards to recons, what usually works in order to get them to take a second look at the applicaiton in hopes of either approving or increasing the CL? 

Really depends on what they give you.  If lower than the other cards, use that as excuse.  BTs work great as excuse (Citibank used to love BTs), but don't use that as excuse for student card.  I would just say spending is more than that and you have been using Visa Debit card for expenses and would really love to use the card instead for the points.

Message 39 of 42
drew11
Regular Contributor

Alright thanks for the recon tips! Hopefully citi pulls through in their decision and we get an email later this week! Thanks once again for all of the help

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.