Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping an older parent develop credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Helping an older parent develop credit

I am wondering if she could qualify IN STORE for the Macy's Am Ex card right now.  Of course pay for a real Fico score report on here 1st to see her Ex before you go.

At worst case she would get the store card. I have a good feeling about this.

I am speaking from experience as I got a $1500 Bloomingdale's account with NOTHING showing but 3 au accounts that were 6 months old (before joining this forum).I never trued for the Am Ex.

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Helping an older parent develop credit

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering if she could qualify IN STORE for the Macy's Am Ex card right now.  Of course pay for a real Fico score report on here 1st to see her Ex before you go.

At worst case she would get the store card. I have a good feeling about this.

I am speaking from experience as I got a $1500 Bloomingdale's account with NOTHING showing but 3 au accounts that were 6 months old (before joining this forum).I never trued for the Am Ex.

Thanks for the advice Swampy99! That's definitely something I'll consider with her, since your experience as an AU is similar. 

And yes, when the time to get apps going comes we will get the true FICO scores. But for now the CK scores will do as a general idea of where she is after 9 months of being an AU. 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.