Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping people with Authorized Users

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helping people with Authorized Users

Are people here helping others by adding authorized users to there accounts?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Helping people with Authorized Users

@Anonymous wrote:

Are people here helping others by adding authorized users to there accounts?

Are you talking about family members or what?  

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am. My husband's scores, except for EX are significantly lower than mine, I think because I have student loans that are reporting with perfect payment history. So, to hopefully boost his scores, I have added him to my three cards as an AU. I would not do this for anyone else.

Message 3 of 11
delaney1
Established Contributor

My husband and teens are AUs on my accounts.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Family and people that pay so they can boost there scores

Message 5 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am. My husband's scores, except for EX are significantly lower than mine, I think because I have student loans that are reporting with perfect payment history. So, to hopefully boost his scores, I have added him to my three cards as an AU. I would not do this for anyone else.

Adding him as AU to the cards doesn't give him the benefit of the student loan payments though....

Message 6 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you mean a commercial arrangement with people you don't know, that sort of practice is frowned upon here.   In any case, there are some difficulties:

1) Scoring algorithms have got better at discounting such things, (AUs with different address and no history with the card holder).   So you may have dissatisfied customers to deal with when score improvement doesn't happen

2) While in these situiations the AU isn't given the card, there have been cases of social engineeting where the AU is able to phone up the company and get a card sent to them. ( This is probably more common with untrusted family members who will know more information)

Message 7 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

My fiancé and I are both AU on eachother accounts , we are rebuilding so we can take all the extra help we can get .
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will most likely want to ensure that your AU does not spend more on the card than the primary cardholder, as this can throw up a red flag with certain lenders and subject you to financial review, and a potentially frozen card.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Discussion of having people pay you to add them as authorized users is absolutely not to be discussed on these forums.  In addition, as LTL mentions above, most creditors now have algorithms to detect this type of authorized user and therefore prevent their scores from benefiting.  It's also a good way to have your account shut down.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.