Epic Contributor

Helping someone NO CREDIT... Who is approving?

I think I read mixed results with:

Discover

Amex BCE

who was your first card and within last month that you got it?

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Contributor

Re: Helping someone NO CREDIT... Who is approving?

My wife had nothing good on her credit (just baddies), and she got approved for 4 cards in the past 2 months.

USAA cash rewards (certain membership requirements) with a 1k credit limit.

Capital One with a 1k credit limit.

Chase sapphire Preferred with an 8k limit.

NFCU flagship rewards with a 16k limit.

Her credit rating was 650 and below among the different CRAs. (Really lucky with chase)

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Epic Contributor

mattmix36 wrote:
My wife had nothing good on her credit (just baddies), and she got approved for 4 cards in the past 2 months.

USAA cash rewards (certain membership requirements) with a 1k credit limit.

Capital One with a 1k credit limit.

Chase sapphire Preferred with an 8k limit.

NFCU flagship rewards with a 16k limit.

Her credit rating was 650 and below among the different CRAs. (Really lucky with chase)

if she had a score, then she had credit? was she AU on your stuff or had student loans or?

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

my first card was the discover more.

I had 0 credit, and went to get an auto loan with a cosigner (approved).

The following month I applied for the discover and got approved (auto loan was not on my report at this point, but maybe had something to do with my approval?)

also, it was the normal discover card, not the student edition card.

CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$10,000---------$9,750----------$5,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 761

Wow, that CSP approval with that score and only baddies with a 8k limit? Was that instant or did she speak with a recon rep? Someone was smoking some crack!! lol
Contributor

She is an authorized user on my 6year old 20k line FNBO

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Frequent Contributor

My mom got approved for CapOne with no credit history with a $500 CL. Her app for first declined but a month later she received a pre-approval offer. Two months later she got approved for the Duck Card with a $500 CL

After making two CapOne payments she got an auto CLI for $1.5k.
CSP: $12.5k / Diners Club: $10k / US Bank Sig: $10k / BarclayCard WMC: $8k / Cap One QS: $5k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $3.2k / Macy's: $5k
Regular Contributor

mattmix36 wrote:
She is an authorized user on my 6year old 20k line FNBO

mattmix36, please come back and spell out what else was on her reports. I find that CSP approval amazing. 

Valued Contributor

Seeing a lot of Chase Freedom's and Discover IT's the past few days

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Established Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:

I think I read mixed results with:

Discover

Amex BCE

who was your first card and within last month that you got it?

Discover IT is my first card right now (student). I had 0 history when I applied. My very first try was for the student Cap1 card, because it said on their website it was to help build history, but after a triple pull, I was denied for not enough history. :smileymad: So next I tried Discover, and got the 7-10 day message. After a few days I got an email saying welcome to Discover - approved for $500.

EX FICO (myFICO): 742 (7/1/14) | TU FICO (Discover): 719 (5/7/15) | EQ FICO (Citi): 744 (4/21/15)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.