Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here come the pre approvals...

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Here come the pre approvals...

I never get any pre approvals in the mail. I got one for cap1 which I took and got me my first card, but since then I dont get anything. :-(
Message 11 of 23
lithium78
Established Contributor

I've been getting a lot of pre-approved offers for Chase Southwest ($99 AF, no thank you) and AMEX Green (rewards are nothing special plus $95 AF after the first year, so I will pass.)  It's nice to get offers though.  It shows you that you are making progress.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 23
colindidit
Established Contributor

Besides the subprime garbage the only pre approval ive gotten was my bank of america card which i was instantly approved for 

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 13 of 23
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

I haven't apped for anything since 08 August.

Util is creeping downward, nothing special.  FICO is creeping upward, no leaps or bounds.

Got a pre approval for First Premier last week...puke...still, it IS a pre approval. 

Got a pre approval today for Spring leaf financial...not going to bite, but it's another pre approval...

Glad to readt that you are still hammering on the debt! Great job...  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 14 of 23
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement, Ray.

Currently, we're stuggling to adjust to living on smaller incomes AND trying to reduce our debt at the same time.

Gonna be a loooong year....

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 15 of 23
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Hang in there man! You're in the middle of a long, hard journey, but you're still making progress toward your goal. I know there are a lot of people on here who are following your story (myself included), and we all want to see a happy ending.

Sorry to hear about the income taking a hit. But, it sounds like you've figured out how to keep your finances organized; you may not be able to pay off 1 CC a month, but you can keep making progress. Good luck!
Message 16 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

I just get preapprovals lately for Credit One and First Premier LOL

Message 17 of 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LionLaw wrote:
Hang in there man! You're in the middle of a long, hard journey, but you're still making progress toward your goal. I know there are a lot of people on here who are following your story (myself included), and we all want to see a happy ending.

Sorry to hear about the income taking a hit. But, it sounds like you've figured out how to keep your finances organized; you may not be able to pay off 1 CC a month, but you can keep making progress. Good luck!

+1

I kept this saying in mind while I was going through my rebuild, and it was very helpful for me:

"I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday."

getting-closer.jpg

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 18 of 23
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Thank you Lion and tinu for the positive feedback.

It's kind of difficult to explain, but while I'm not able to take huge bites each month right now, most months our budget allows me to use one particular card as a gas card... on those months, we can take small bites at least.

I get frustrated some months (October of 12, January of 13) when our budget simply won't allow the bigger payment required...so I end up buying one tank of gas on card x, one tank on card y, one tank on card z etc etc...which has proven to be a really efficient way of keeping various bank cards maxed out.  Smiley Sad

In February and March (of 2013) I should be able to keep my gas card funded, and the (slightly higher than) minimum payments made across our many, many credit cards can take a bunch of small bites off of the balances...

I hope.

Message 19 of 23
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Oh yeah, I got another pre approval in the mail yesterday...something called mobileloans which looks a lot like those 800% Indian reservation loans...straight to the trash can...

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.