cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here in a deep hole(Loosing Hope) ((((((UPDATE))))))

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Here in a deep hole(Loosing Hope) ((((((UPDATE))))))

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@cflowers0115 wrote:

I do find it concerning that you said you're picking up the pieces (5/20) and then your signature said you entered the garden on 5/20. Did you app yesterday? The last thing you need is more credit if your family is that far stuck right now.

I don't mean this to be rude, I'm just being honest. I don't think that increasing debt potential is the way to go. If anything, I'd be locking up those cards until this is all resolved.

Just my two cents.

Loans were applied for and sadly turned down but no credit cards apps, thats in the past.

Boy, do I understand THAT.

At the moment, I doubt that you'll see an approval anywhere that would actually help your situation, as opposed to making it worse.

You've got the right idea and attitude...just be patient.  NO APPS for anything for at LEAST six months...I'd suggest a year.  Make all of your payments on time, and perhaps a local CU might be able to help you with a signature loan at a decent interest rate to pay off debt.

Been there, done that.

This too shall pass!  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 91 of 94
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Hi - I sent you a PM in the past.  Send me your numbers and I will help!...... My answers may not be pleasant, but they will be honest. 

I am slightly glad to hear the loans were not granted - More debt is not the answer.  Never the answer!.  one must manage current debt, or without this skill  that ability to control debt will decrease and this will enable a new war on ones ability to re-pay.  Remember the debtor’s goal is to find someone who can successful repay over terms - not early.  This is how they make money. 

The ability to pay payments and only pay  monthly payments is their only goal - Methods exist to reduce debt and beat their game, but they are not, and I STRESS are not a gimmick, nor easy for most.  The sole solution is one’s ability to make a change in life style.  Pay more then you owe, and do so as often and as frequently as you (family) can do so.  Nothing else will help.  Each day you pay down principle the less interest you owe.   Each day is one day closer to being free of debt – best, and most secure feeling ever -!!!!

I will help – More information you give me the better I can help.  

edit - typos - numbers good I am good at - words - well screw them!

Message 92 of 94
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@cflowers0115 wrote:

I do find it concerning that you said you're picking up the pieces (5/20) and then your signature said you entered the garden on 5/20. Did you app yesterday? The last thing you need is more credit if your family is that far stuck right now.

I don't mean this to be rude, I'm just being honest. I don't think that increasing debt potential is the way to go. If anything, I'd be locking up those cards until this is all resolved.

Just my two cents.

Loans were applied for and sadly turned down but no credit cards apps, thats in the past.

Boy, do I understand THAT.

At the moment, I doubt that you'll see an approval anywhere that would actually help your situation, as opposed to making it worse.

You've got the right idea and attitude...just be patient.  NO APPS for anything for at LEAST six months...I'd suggest a year.  Make all of your payments on time, and perhaps a local CU might be able to help you with a signature loan at a decent interest rate to pay off debt.

Been there, done that.

This too shall pass!  Smiley Happy

thank you!!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 93 of 94
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've seen you posting on here for quite some time, and I've followed some of your postings.  I was sad to hear what you and your family was going through, but proud of the way you have handled it.  Wishing you and yours the best of luck in the present and future.

G....

Whoa,,, Shogun just gave a hint behind the mask...  lol

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 94 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.