Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Fico Crew I Need CC Advice on RZMC

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Hey Fico Crew I Need CC Advice on RZMC

Here's my deal...

1 NFCU Cash Rewards $500 (UnSecured) (6 Mo's old)

1 NFCU NRewards $500 (Secured) (1year and 4 Mo's old)

1 NFCU NRewards $? (UnSecured) just got it approved Wed. (just asked for CLI per the CSR's suggestion from the original $500 offer so I'm waiting to hear back on it) I requested $5000 but we'll See.

1 USAA Platinum MC  $1000 (UnSecured) (Just got it in the Mail Today)

1 Pay Pal Smart Connect ($300)

And just got the RZMC Gold with AF $59 and $300 CL (haven't received the cc yet)

My Question is simply 'should I just decline this RZMC since none of my other cards have an AF? I know my CL's aren't great at all but i'm targeting 2013 for the AMEX and a Major CLI from both USAA and NFCU.

I don't want alot of cards just a nice small mix of Visa, MC and hopefully one day AMEX,

Thanks for any suggestions on this RZMC Gold, if it's worth keeping for possible graduation to the Gold, then Platinum is it a good keeper?  I'd just like to have some input prior to me calling to activate it (if that's the route to take)

Thanks!

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hey Fico Crew I Need CC Advice on RZMC

Congrats on the accounts you have. The RZMC will not graduate to platinum.

I'm not sure if you can cancel at this point either. I think I have heard one person get approved and then cancel before it hit their reports.

I have a 100 dollar RZMC and I regret getting it. I have no AF however so just going to keep it and hope to get a CLI someday. 

Message 2 of 3
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hey Fico Crew I Need CC Advice on RZMC

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the accounts you have. The RZMC will not graduate to platinum.

I'm not sure if you can cancel at this point either. I think I have heard one person get approved and then cancel before it hit their reports.

I have a 100 dollar RZMC and I regret getting it. I have no AF however so just going to keep it and hope to get a CLI someday. 

Thanks gbishere,

Kinda bummed about the CL and the AF but looks like I'll be keeping it and using it for Printer Ink and things.  Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.