Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey, I did get pre approved after all!

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Hey, I did get pre approved after all!

Forgot about one other place. First Premier! 

Before you read this, of course I'm not going to accept the offer, or any FPB products.

When I pre-qualed with them about a year ago it was the $300 CL with a $95 "processing fee".

Well when I pre-qualed today. I was pre-approved for their secured card. $300 CL with a $150 deposit.

Sounds good? Well of course not, APR still 36%, $75 "introductory" 1st year AF, then $123 a year after. 

Didn't even know FPB had secured cards. 

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Re: Hey, I did get pre approved after all!

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Forgot about one other place. First Premier! 

Before you read this, of course I'm not going to accept the offer, or any FPB products.

When I pre-qualed with them about a year ago it was the $300 CL with a $95 "processing fee".

Well when I pre-qualed today. I was pre-approved for their secured card. $300 CL with a $150 deposit.

Sounds good? Well of course not, APR still 36%, $75 "introductory" 1st year AF, then $123 a year after. 

Didn't even know FPB had secured cards. 

Are you still up looking at pre approvals?

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 2 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

At those rates they don't turn anyone down, they can call it a prequal all they want, still barking up the wrong tree?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 6
Involver
Valued Contributor

So what you're saying is your credit is getting worse.
Message 4 of 6
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I think the one, best thing you could do right now to improve your credit, would be: get a second job.

You would have more money to pay your cards off, and less time to obsess about your credit. Think you could go one full week without logging in to credit forums, pre-apping, apping, checking on your reports, score, etc.?

Message 5 of 6
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

Beats Wells Fargo........Robot tongue

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.