Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey guys, need quick advice !

tag
Feather_Hat
Established Member

Hey guys, need quick advice !

helloo  i have been gardening for the past 6 months but i am on t he verge of breaking it =(

recently my laptop broke and i am looking to purchase apple macbook pro which will cost me roughly $1300 with tax...

unfortunatley, i dun have that much cash right now so i will have to put it on credit card.

so here comes my questions.

Since i will be putting large amount one credit card, i was thinking of applying for credit card with 0% intro APR of around 12months and intro bonus if possbile.

One card that stood out is bank of america cash reward which has 12 months 0% intrest and $100 cash back after $500 or more purchase.

is there any other credit card which offers more benefits? if so what card is it ?

Thanks in advance =D

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
dize
Regular Contributor

Re: Hey guys, need quick advice !

I would go with a newegg preferred account. With that sized purchase you would get 0% for 12 months, also it will be a hidden tradeline so it won't hurt your util. There won't be any cash back benefits, just 0% interest and i believe 0 payments for 12 months, plus hidden tradeline so it won't hurt your util or your AAOA.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My discover card is at 0% par for the first 14 months, plus 5% cash back on quarterly category's and 1% everything else plus some purchase protection. My AMEX BCP is 0 percent for 15 months and I I hear they have the best purchase protection and extended warranty. Any tech stuff I would probably go with one of these two.

Message 3 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@dize wrote:

I would go with a newegg preferred account. With that sized purchase you would get 0% for 12 months, also it will be a hidden tradeline so it won't hurt your util. There won't be any cash back benefits, just 0% interest and i believe 0 payments for 12 months, plus hidden tradeline so it won't hurt your util or your AAOA.

Agreed

ETA:  Barclays offers some good bonuses and they generally have 15 months 0% interest.  There's better bonus offers out there than BoA Cashrewards.  I would look for a bonus offer of $200 or more. 

Message 4 of 21
Feather_Hat
Established Member

newegg preferred? i have never heard of me.

can you guys explain it a bit more abt it?

Message 5 of 21
Feather_Hat
Established Member

i am trying to get macbook through apple store...

doesn't newegg preferred account only work withint newegg website?

Message 6 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

There's two other options:  Macmall and Paypal Bill me later.  Macmall and Newegg are supposedly easier approvals, but the benefit like the other poster says is it's hidden.  So it can be maxed out while you take advantage of 0% financing offers and it won't impact your utilization or AAoA (unless the account goes bad).  They are both considered Bill Me Later accounts and are backed by Comenity.  They usually hard pull on Equifax.

Message 7 of 21
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Barclay Financing Visa. You will get 12 month 0% APR on all Apple products/purchases when you open card. It's also a visa you can use anywhere.BUT NO REWARDS. PRETTYeasy to get. Go to Apple site or Barclaycard site to apply.

Message 8 of 21
Feather_Hat
Established Member

i am looking at bill me later feature but it only has first 6 month no payment..

i dun think there is 12 months 0% APR on bill me later..can anyone confirm this?

Message 9 of 21
dize
Regular Contributor

as a heads up, newegg preferred is a form of bill me later, just through newegg. Obviously if you're dead set on purchasing it through the apple store that route won't work, but newegg sells them as well. Bill me later only has 6 month financing, though, while newegg has 12 months.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.