Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey guys, need quick advice !

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: Hey guys, need quick advice !

@Feather_Hat wrote:

helloo  i have been gardening for the past 6 months but i am on t he verge of breaking it =(

recently my laptop broke and i am looking to purchase apple macbook pro which will cost me roughly $1300 with tax...

unfortunatley, i dun have that much cash right now so i will have to put it on credit card.

so here comes my questions.

Since i will be putting large amount one credit card, i was thinking of applying for credit card with 0% intro APR of around 12months and intro bonus if possbile.

One card that stood out is bank of america cash reward which has 12 months 0% intrest and $100 cash back after $500 or more purchase.

is there any other credit card which offers more benefits? if so what card is it ?

Thanks in advance =D

What about the Citi Double cash card?  It gives you 1% on all purchases and as you pay off your balance, you get another 1%, so it's essentially a 2% card in the long run and it offers 15 months of 0% purchase APR.  Also, there's a targeted offer floating around out there where you could get $200 if you spend $1000 within the first 3 months (which you would meet after making this purchase).  Perhaps you could call into the executive office at Citi (the number is in the "Helpful Threads" thread) to see if this targeted offer is available to you in their system for this card?

Message 11 of 21
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Feather_Hat wrote:

helloo  i have been gardening for the past 6 months but i am on t he verge of breaking it =(

recently my laptop broke and i am looking to purchase apple macbook pro which will cost me roughly $1300 with tax...

unfortunatley, i dun have that much cash right now so i will have to put it on credit card.

Since i will be putting large amount one credit card, i was thinking of applying for credit card with 0% intro APR of around 12months and intro bonus if possbile.

One card that stood out is bank of america cash reward which has 12 months 0% intrest and $100 cash back after $500 or more purchase.

is there any other credit card which offers more benefits? if so what card is it ?

Thanks in advance =D

If you look around, you might get signup bonus offers from Discover. 

If you're buying the laptop in early October, Discover will be a good card: you can combine ShopDiscover bonus (apple store 5% or Abt.com 5%) with Quarterly bonus (Online stores 5%) on your purchase. So that's another $130. 

Message 12 of 21
Feather_Hat
Established Member

@celluloid17 wrote:

@Feather_Hat wrote:

Thanks in advance =D

What about the Citi Double cash card?  It gives you 1% on all purchases and as you pay off your balance, you get another 1%, so it's essentially a 2% card in the long run and it offers 15 months of 0% purchase APR.  Also, there's a targeted offer floating around out there where you could get $200 if you spend $1000 within the first 3 months (which you would meet after making this purchase).  Perhaps you could call into the executive office at Citi (the number is in the "Helpful Threads" thread) to see if this targeted offer is available to you in their system for this card?

ohhh seriously? that would bb perfect !! even without intro bonus, total of 2% is really something.

iam going to call executive office and find out if i could get that offer

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recomend the barclaycard financing / apple financing, it is pretty easy to get, so far is the card that has given me the most credit, 2k with less than a year of history and and 631 FICO. I was actually pretty amazed and like other mentions depending on how much you spend you can get 0 APR from 6 to 18 months. Though you have to make sure you pay within this period otherwise you'll get deferred interest.

Message 14 of 21
afinch1992
Regular Contributor

Go for an AMEX if you have the history to support it. I would take that added warranty protection any day over $20 in cash back. Most of their revolvers have a 0% APR period. 

AMEX BCE 18000CL, Citi DC 15000CL, AMEX EDP 15000CL, CSP 5000CL, Fidelity AMEX 5000CL, Sallie Mae MC 7400CL, US Bank Cash+ 5000CL, Chase Freedom 4000CL, Capital One QS 6000CL, BoA Better Balance 2500CL, Discover It 2000CL, BoA Better Cash Rewards 500CL, Chase Amazon CC 700CL

TU: 756 EX: 755 EQ: 753
Message 15 of 21
Feather_Hat
Established Member

@afinch1992 wrote:

Go for an AMEX if you have the history to support it. I would take that added warranty protection any day over $20 in cash back. Most of their revolvers have a 0% APR period. 

i already have amex p gold and everyday card with only 6 months of 0% intro lolll so amex is out.. hows blue cash btrw?

Message 16 of 21
Feather_Hat
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I would recomend the barclaycard financing / apple financing, it is pretty easy to get, so far is the card that has given me the most credit, 2k with less than a year of history and and 631 FICO. I was actually pretty amazed and like other mentions depending on how much you spend you can get 0 APR from 6 to 18 months. Though you have to make sure you pay within this period otherwise you'll get deferred interest.

i did hear good things about barcaly fiancing (visa) card. but the only thing is that it does not offer any intro bonus and on top of that, they only give 12 months 0% APR for purchase less then $2k. lots of other credit cards (eg, blue cash, double cash) gives you 15 months of APR.. hmm so many choices out there..

Message 17 of 21
taxi818
Super Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Barclay Financing Visa. You will get 12 month 0% APR on all Apple products/purchases when you open card. It's also a visa you can use anywhere.BUT NO REWARDS. PRETTYeasy to get. Go to Apple site or Barclaycard site to apply.

Exactly. Will get 0%. And easy card to get. No problem. 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Feather_Hat wrote:

Thanks in advance =D

You might also want to check out the Chase Freedom card for this purchase too.

0% APR for 15 months

$100 bonus after you spend $500 in the first three months (obviously hit that)

You get 1% cash back on any purchase

Addiitonally, you can use their "Cash Back Boost" for 2% cash back at the Apple Store, for a total of 3% back on your purchase. The link below should go to the Chase Cash Back Boost page.

So for a $1,300 purchase, you would get $100, plus $39 in cash back, with the 15 months no APR that you wanted.

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/ultimate-rewards-cash-back...

Message 19 of 21
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I recommend Bill Me Later. 0% interest an no effect to your credit with aaoa or util
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.