Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi guys, question regarding CSP!

tag
oztsvi
New Contributor

Hi guys, question regarding CSP!

Hi guys!

I'm new to the community of MYOPIC, but I read your posts all the time and you guys are doing a great job helping people!

I have a question regarding CSP.

I have a credit history of 17 months, 5 cc

amex gold:npsl

amex green:npsl

cap oneSmiley Surprisedne card with $1500

cap one:second card with $750

discover it:$2000 

my 3 credit scores are all a little over 700

my utilization is 16%

my longest account is with capital one i have the amex for about 4 months both of them , and i just got my discover it.

On my equifax report i think i have 3 inquires , i understand that chase pulls from there i live in SO CALIFORNIA.

never missed a payment.

last time i tried applying for the CSP , i got denied i called recon twice they said i didn't have enough history.

i applied back in january of this year and back then i only had one card with capital one.

my question is like that: i want to try and apply again, should i wait for a few more months or i can just go ahead and apply right away?

btw i do have a bank account with chase.

thanks for your help, Oz.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Hi guys, question regarding CSP!

How much are you depositing with chase approx?

Try to get a CLI from discover. Chase likes to see that you have a CL of >5k before approving for the csp. Not necessary, but it will help your chances quite a bit.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@oztsvi wrote:

Hi guys!

I'm new to the community of MYOPIC, but I read your posts all the time and you guys are doing a great job helping people!

my utilization is 16%

my longest account is with capital one i have the amex for about 4 months both of them , and i just got my discover it.

On my equifax report i think i have 3 inquires , i understand that chase pulls from there i live in SO CALIFORNIA.

never missed a payment.

last time i tried applying for the CSP , i got denied i called recon twice they said i didn't have enough history.

i applied back in january of this year and back then i only had one card with capital one.

my question is like that: i want to try and apply again, should i wait for a few more months or i can just go ahead and apply right away?

Welcome to the forums!!!!

IMO I would garden at least until January. Give yourself plenty of time to get positvie history on your new accounts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 14
oztsvi
New Contributor

well i deposit money in my account at least twice a week , amex easly allow me to spend at least $8000 on each card.

i got my discover it last week, i don't think they will give me more credit right away.

Message 4 of 14
oztsvi
New Contributor

thank you for the welcome,  January sounds good to me! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@oztsvi wrote:

well i deposit money in my account at least twice a week , amex easly allow me to spend at least $8000 on each card.

i got my discover it last week, i don't think they will give me more credit right away.

Youe new accounts are going to be a deal breaker or borderline approval (multiple HP's) best to try it 1/14.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

Like LS said, best to try it later then. Hopefully discover will give you a CLI before end of the year as well. You can also apply for freedom now just to get your foot into the door.

Having large amounts of deposits (I.E 5 figure range) helps too.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@oztsvi wrote:

Hi guys!

my utilization is 16%

never missed a payment.

Welcome to the forums!!!!

IMO I would garden at least until January. Give yourself plenty of time to get positvie history on your new accounts.

+1

I would heed the above advice from LS and others.  The CSP is one of their premium products and Chase typically wants established history/a thicker file to leverage your approval chances.  Although it is optimal, but not always the case, your experience in having a TL of 5K (or above) to show usage and history will certainly pave the way.  Another item to keep in mind is whether the CSP currently fits your spending habits to offset the $95 AF... do you travel quite often, dine out frequently?  Otherwise, the non-AF version is an alternative, albeit with a lesser reward structure.

Message 8 of 14
oztsvi
New Contributor

very interesting points guys , thanks!

Message 9 of 14
oztsvi
New Contributor

Will I get approved for a freedom?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.