Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High CC Util and weird FICO scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: High CC Util and weird FICO scoring

Well you are correct Noah. Must have gotten my numbers mixed up. I am sitting at 729 right now, and it is claiming 789-820. So my apologies. I have no late fees, derogatory, collections on my account.

Message Edited by Turd_Furguson on 09-11-2007 01:48 PM
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turd_Furguson wrote:
Well you are correct Noah. Must have gotten my numbers mixed up. [img]http://www.midgar-dreams.net/pics/fico.JPG[/img] ------------------------------------------ Big boo boo on my part guys.

It not impossible to hhave high sores with utilization like that but how old are the derogs?  You can e3ven have 700 scores with a BK. Is this your only credit card?

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy I edited the post reflecting some changes. I have nothing attached to my accounts pertaining to derogatory or things of that nature. This is my only CC I have.

Message Edited by Turd_Furguson on 09-11-2007 01:49 PM
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turd_Furguson wrote:
Brammy I edited the post reflecting some changes. I have nothing attached to my accounts pertaining to derogatory or things of that nature. This is my only CC I have.

Message Edited by Turd_Furguson on 09-11-2007 01:49 PM

So you have a 5 year history with no derogs and a one-time high utilization? Sorry with the Auto and Student loans kicking you around line sounded like late pays or derogs. Before this utilization what was your normal balance say month to motnh on this card.?

Possible though thathigh utilization could have knocked you down 50 to 100 points but if you have low balances on your installment laons thats also a plus. How long is your histroy according to your pull?

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-11-2007 05:11 PM
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was sitting at about 65% UTIL on the CC before I maxed it out quickly. My credit history is just 6 yrs. Both the additional loans have been taken out within the last year. But I am sitting at $20k on the auto loan and $18k on the student loan. I did finish paying up a separate auto loan in April. I know the CC is killing my score right now. My goal is buying a house by next year, but paying off the CC quickly and saving for the down payment is extremely rough.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is crazy. Since my minor payment on the CC yesterday, I am sitting at 733 on Experian. My CC Util is 89% right now.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turd_Furguson wrote:
I was sitting at about 65% UTIL on the CC before I maxed it out quickly. My credit history is just 6 yrs. Both the additional loans have been taken out within the last year. But I am sitting at $20k on the auto loan and $18k on the student loan. I did finish paying up a separate auto loan in April. I know the CC is killing my score right now. My goal is buying a house by next year, but paying off the CC quickly and saving for the down payment is extremely rough.

OK without derogs it is possible. My TU history is relatively short (almost 7 years), but nothing near maxed out  I have a BK on file, a couple derogs on a student loan, and a BK and my score is 704.

Would paste it but not sure how you did that cause I cant seem to pull it off of Suze Ormans kit

Message 17 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps Turd's scores were over 800 before he had high util reportingSmiley Happy
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.