Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High CL with Barclays?

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: High CL with Barclays?

Opened my Arrival in April and it's now $30,000. No plans to CLI anytime but they are known to be conservative.

Message 11 of 17
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

My US Airways card came with a starting limit of $17,500 in August. They seemed to split the limit on my two highest limit cards, Amex at $25,000 and a bunch at $10,000.

I also opened a Discover IT and Citi AAdvantage card around the same time. The Citi card matched the Barclays card but Discover is at $5,000.  

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 12 of 17
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Granted -  do not have the high limits of what  which you write, but I have not experienced Barclay being conservative at all  -   Got US Airways in 1/12 with BK showing - They increased my CL 2x before I even got the card - It has been auto increased 2x since then - Went from $1000 to $6200 in 1.5 years.  Recently approved for Arrival for $7500.  If auto CLI pattern plays out - I am due a nice increase on the first card in Jan or Feb. 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 13 of 17
MrShush
Valued Contributor

My Priceline is a 20K card. Approved initially for maybe 7500 and got a CLI at activation to 12500. A year later I asked for 20000 and got it. Nothing though in the last 3-4 years though.

Message 14 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

My Travelocity Amex has a $7700 cl. I refuse to use it any more for every day spend until they auto cli it to at least $10,000. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 17
wl123
Established Member

Interesting info, thanks everyone. I got my first card with them recently and like another poster they seemed to split my highest and next highest CL. No issues so far with them and enjoying the rewards.

Message 16 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Also seems to vary a lot for an individual.   I had an $18K CL on my US Air card, which I closed after a year or so.  Later, I applied for Barclays Reward, and my credit was pretty much the same as when I got the US Air card, my Rewards card got a massive $4.7K limit, my lowest in 20 years. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.