Did you mean: 

High CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

High CL

who is giving the highest CL right now.

I currently have total CL of $ 25K with a 44% util

Scores are EQ 766 and TU 761, EXP- 734 01/10.

I would like to get another $ 20K or $ 25K to reduce my util.

My highest CL is 15K from USAA.

Any thoughts...and yes I know the best way to reduce my utilization is to pay down my current debt...thought I would save some of you the trouble of giving me that recommendation.

Any other thoughts??  Do you think I would stand a chance of getting a $ 20K or 25K CL.  Current income is about $ 80K to $ 100K.

Would BofA or Chase or Citi be an option?  I'd like to get a card from one of the major banks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: High CL

US Bank gives pretty good limits usually, but they only offer CCs in certain states.

Citi started me with a low limit (for me), but frequent CLI's have increased it pretty quick.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 7
JMN
Frequent Contributor

My highest limits were approved with U.S. Bank. $25,000 and $23,000, for the U.S. Bank Premier Line and U.S. Bank FlexPerks Select Rewards Visa, respectively. The former requires you to be a customer of the bank for at least three months before being able to get approved for it, and the latter doesn't usually start off with that high of a credit limit.

You can get CLIs within six months, however, and could probably get a starting limit of $10k-$15k, based off FICO information.

Edit: The utilization may hamper your initial CL. U.S. Bank isn't a fan of high revolving debt-to-credit percentages.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 3 of 7
Starr07
Valued Member

We have $32000 CL with BofA, but we got that several years ago before the credit tightening.

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: EQ 741 TU 738
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

You could try for the other card from USAA.  I have their MC with a $24k limit and their Amex with a $14k limit...

Amex in general gives high limits - my mother has $17k with their blue card.

Finally, you could also call USAA and ask for a CLI if it's been awhile - give them a reason (NOT that you want to dec your UTI) and they are usually good about it.

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

What is your AAoA and who do you bank with? I seem to see a trend that the bank where you keep your money is also the bank that gives you the largest credit lines as they can see stability and youre technically "investing" in the bank with your monies.

I know Chase would be sad if I closed all of my checking, savings, and business accounts.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 6 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

If you qualify for membership - NFCU.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.