Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Credit

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

High Credit

So i checked my report(s) and it shows on 2 of my cards that i went over my limits by $6 and $22, this happened a while back when my card numbers were stolen and i disputed the charges with my companies and had it all reversed, but when i contacted Equifax to dispute this, they wont change it, they said the companies confirmed that i went over, when it wasnt me. So my question is how bad is this for when a creditor reviews my file? I plan on applying for a new card or two in 2015, and these charges happened around July or so. So in about 1 yr i will apply for a new card, will i be fine? OR will this prevent me from being approved?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: High Credit

I don't see it as a problem

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I hope not, because its irritating that theres crummy people that will ruin ya. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

only current balance to credit limit is going to matter.

I have had credit limits reduced... I was AU on an American Express account that use to show credit limit $500 and high balance of $26k!!! but the current balance was $0, it just doesn't matter.

Message 4 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think it's a terrible thing .. just more annoying for you with the OCD'ness of it all.. I totally understand. The only way around it is to get a CLI eventually so the highest credit is below your limit. Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 6
bribro
Valued Contributor

It might even be a good thing. It shows other lenders that you can max out your lines and still pay them off.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.