Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Limit Credit Cards?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: High Limit Credit Cards?

check the pre-qual at chase.com and citicards.com

if you get offers that would be my first choices if not a credit union.

Message 11 of 13
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Citibank blew my mind.... my history with them...

had 200.00 secured card for 18 months starting Oct 2009...used the hell out of the card, PIF, never late, asked for increase from 200.00 to 5k, approved at 4.5 yr mark

then asked for 5k on my citi secured card and they approved that too, while the card is still secured.

They have given me 10k in credit in two months and I could not be happier considering I have a bk from 2009 AND I included the bank (citi) on a checking plus loan in my BK...

I say go for Citi.

Message 12 of 13
phonic
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@phonic wrote:

@cs91 wrote:
If either of you have the ability to obtain membership, USAA and NFCU can be very generous with initial credit limits.

AFAIK, anyone can get USAA financial products (banking, credit, brokerage, etc.). Only their insurance products have the military/legacy requirements.

not true... they changed that if im not mistaken (credit card)

You are correct, I was basing my earlier comment on what apparently is no longer the case.

"Our investment products, life insurance, and shopping and discounts are available to other individuals.

USAA auto and property insurance and USAA banking services are not available due to membership eligibility requirements."

I didn't realize they changed the policy.

I have a USAA checking account (with $1 in it) and a credit card through them (great APR), I don't really take advantage of those services. I mainly use them for auto insurance and IRA/investment accounts.

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.