Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High UTI is great !!!

tag
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

High UTI is great !!!

I've been on these boards for a few months and since March have increased my UTI from 7k to over 110k. It was all based on info here, My scores took a hit but have mostly recovered with all the apps and new credit.

I just came back from my honeymoon on the Pacific Northwest and charged my way through it all. My percentage of credit used was under 1% when we left. Since our return it is now around 8-9 %.

I charged over $9000 to my NFCU and PenFed CC's and I still have over 90% available credit !!!

This never wouldn't be possible without all the info gathered and shared here.

I actually just got an increase of 21 points on Eqifax (ScoreWatch) when NFCU reported the charges. I think it's because I'm actually using some of my credit more, not just staying at 1% or less.

Thanks all.

BTW, if you ever go the Glacier National Park and want to hike up a mountain and stay at a lodge only supplied by mule train but has beds and a kitchen look into 'The Granite Park Chalet'. You won't ever regret it. Awesome !!

Now Back to work to start paying for the good times. I wonder should I always carry a bigger percentage now that I have seen a score increase ?? Not more than 10% but more than 1%.

Jax

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 07-06-2008 08:42 AM
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: High UTI is great !!!

I am very happy for you and congrats on your honeymoon. Keep your UTL between 1-9% and you will be fine.
Message 2 of 8
Scamp
Valued Contributor

jaxstraw wrote:
I've been on these boards for a few months and since March have increased my UTI from 7k to over 110k. It was all based on info here, My scores took a hit but have mostly recovered with all the apps and new credit.
Jaxstraw, I think you mean high CL (Credit Limits) are great, rather than high UTI...?  UTI is short for utilization - how much cc DEBT you have. Smiley Wink

Congrats on the increases - you've obviously done some great work!  Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@scapegrace13 wrote:

Jaxstraw, I think you mean high CL (Credit Limits) are great, rather than high UTI...? UTI is short for utilization - how much cc DEBT you have. Smiley Wink
Congrats on the increases - you've obviously done some great work! Smiley Happy

Agree with scapegrace! Certainly was an eye-catching thread title, though. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on the high CL's and low util. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

jaxstraw, congratulations on your new, higher credit limits and low utilization!!!
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 5 of 8
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Thanks all, my bad !!!

I knew what I meant, but had the wrong terms.

But the thanks does really go to this forum and the info shared. It wasn't even possible to consider before I came here.

When I came my scores were in the mid to low 500's.

Now
EX 700
EQ 695
TU 691

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 6 of 8
jkfaria
Valued Member

Congrats Jax!!! You give us low 600/high 500 folks hope!!!  Thanks!!
EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaxstraw wrote:

I just came back from my honeymoon on the Pacific Northwest and charged my way through it all. My percentage of credit used was under 1% when we left. Since our return it is now around 8-9 %.

I charged over $9000 to my NFCU and PenFed CC's and I still have over 90% available credit !!!

This never wouldn't be possible without all the info gathered and shared here.

I actually just got an increase of 21 points on Eqifax (ScoreWatch) when NFCU reported the charges. I think it's because I'm actually using some of my credit more, not just staying at 1% or less.

Thanks all.

BTW, if you ever go the Glacier National Park and want to hike up a mountain and stay at a lodge only supplied by mule train but has beds and a kitchen look into 'The Granite Park Chalet'. You won't ever regret it. Awesome !!

Now Back to work to start paying for the good times. I wonder should I always carry a bigger percentage now that I have seen a score increase ?? Not more than 10% but more than 1%.

Jax

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 07-06-2008 08:42 AM

Congrats!

This is the main reason I made a post last night about credit usage and allowing balances to report. It doesn't matter if it's $1.00, let it report and you get credit for 1% use.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.