Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High credit limit cards

tag
blooro
New Contributor

High credit limit cards

What are some high credit limit cards with a score of 695?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: High credit limit cards

It depends. Why is your score 695? (newish credit, high util, recent baddies, etc.) And what do you consider "high limit"?

Is this an EQ FICO score? Your odds will probably be better with a CU, many of which pull EQ.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

depends on your credit age i would guess...i never got more than 5000 in my first 3 years of credit.

but now that's i got 7+ years of credit experience i have 8500 and 10k lines. cap one and usaa. discover gave me 1700 a year ago....don't know what to make of that.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently picked up the Ameriprise World Elite Mastercard with a 25k limit and a Visa from Addison Ave FCU with a 30k limit. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always thought limits was based on imcome and not score

Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I always thought limits was based on imcome and not score

A lender certainly looks at income, and at other credit obligations, but some lenders are more willing that others to lend higher amounts with higher scores. Higher scores reflect the higher probability that you are responsible with your credit.

If someone has a high income but a low score, a lender is definitely going to want to look at why the score is low. Plenty of millionaires don't pay their bills, while people on minimum wage never miss a payment. (Not assuming that OP, wherever he went, is not paying bills; just a general comment.)

Lots of variables in CL land!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.