New Contributor

High credit limit cards

What are some high credit limit cards with a score of 695?

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

Re: High credit limit cards

It depends. Why is your score 695? (newish credit, high util, recent baddies, etc.) And what do you consider "high limit"?

Is this an EQ FICO score? Your odds will probably be better with a CU, many of which pull EQ.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Member

depends on your credit age i would guess...i never got more than 5000 in my first 3 years of credit.

but now that's i got 7+ years of credit experience i have 8500 and 10k lines. cap one and usaa. discover gave me 1700 a year ago....don't know what to make of that.

New Visitor

I recently picked up the Ameriprise World Elite Mastercard with a 25k limit and a Visa from Addison Ave FCU with a 30k limit. 

New Contributor

I always thought limits was based on imcome and not score

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

[ Edited ]

divakay2 wrote:
I always thought limits was based on imcome and not score

A lender certainly looks at income, and at other credit obligations, but some lenders are more willing that others to lend higher amounts with higher scores. Higher scores reflect the higher probability that you are responsible with your credit.

If someone has a high income but a low score, a lender is definitely going to want to look at why the score is low. Plenty of millionaires don't pay their bills, while people on minimum wage never miss a payment. (Not assuming that OP, wherever he went, is not paying bills; just a general comment.)

Lots of variables in CL land!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.