Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High fico as AU

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: High fico as AU

They have a pre-qualification site that SPs your EQ. Yes it's possible to obtain a Discover with no HP at all... I've done it.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Even if im not prequalified for a card, I can still apply for it and get approved?

Absolutely you can still be approved for a card if you're not prequalified.  At the same time, you can be declined if you are preapproved.

Message 12 of 18
601flyguy
Established Contributor

OP, what is your average age of accounts?? The discover secured may actually be best.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the awesome score increase!!

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks daqueen....flyguy the average is only showing for the account that I’m AU on which is 1yr
Message 15 of 18
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I would absolutely do the discover secured. It has a good graduation rate. Put as much (eventually max out if you can eventually) down for the secured line now.  Wait six months, use the card, let a small balance report, then PIF each month. You'll have a stronger payment history and have a better chance at a higher limit card at that point. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should i let a small balance report every month, or just the first month and then leave it at 0% utilization ?

Message 17 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I'd allow statements to cut with a balance. Then pay normally by due date. Only if your utilization is over 29% would I pay it down before statements cut. If you want to micromanage, pay them down to 9% before statements cut. Personally,
I find that a waist of time and effort.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.