Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High limit credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

High limit credit cards

Hey guys, i was just wondering what are some credit cards you guys have been applying for and approved for with high limits?? My credit score is pretty decent... about 750... So far i've gotten a chase saphire card for 31k, now just trying to decide who else to apply with....

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: High limit credit cards

Did you get the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Preferred? If you got the Preferred, you can app for the Reserve then PC the Preferred to a Freedom/Freedom Unlimited.

In terms of high limits, it really depends on your credit profile. Maybe try AMEX. If you don't mind charge cards you could get the AMEX PRG or Plat for NPSL.

If you're purely seeking high limits, I'd stay away from Citi. They have some good cards, but they are known for being very conservative with SL and CLIs.

Message 2 of 12
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

honestly, who cares about initial limits?

App for the AMeX, do the 3x CLI.
Discover is known for huge CLIs.
Sometimes, Chase.

YMMV, of course, but I dont see how that should be a priority in anything, but thats based off of my personal financial standing.. Obviously there may be some who do want high limits, as they tend to swipe a lot.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 3 of 12
newhis
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire Reserve start at $10,000, if you get it the limit will be at least that many reports of higher SL

If you start with a Chase card at $15,000 in a year, most likely, you still be $15,000

If you start with Amex at $3,500 in a year, you could be above $20,000 some people get it to $30,000 in 8 months.

Good luck. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're purely seeking high limits, I'd stay away from Citi. They have some good cards, but they are known for being very conservative with SL and CLIs.

That's only true for some of theirs.  For cards like the Prestige, AA Executive and sometimes the AA Platinum they are known for giving out high starting limits.  I received $30,500, $25,000 and $19,5900 respectively for those cards.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish is correct.....On my Prestige and AA exec I started with 29K and 26K respectiveely........

All the best....

Gregg

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea i do have the preferred, didn't know i could actually apply for any other chase cards.... was scared of the inquiry...  But i will try this.... thanx

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are you goals with the cards?  What are you looking to do?

Message 8 of 12
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I agreed with some of the others that, credit limits do not really make sense when you reach to the high levels. It all depends on your credit profiles and the banking relationshops.

For all my BofA credit cards, I received minimum $21K SLs.

Chase is known to hand out high SLs to their "rich" cardholders. I've had $28k and $35k and my CSR SL was even higher.

AmEx has charge cards with no set SLs. But I do not like those since they may cause problems with CBs. I have none of those. But my BCE card had $24k SL.

Citi tends to be lower. The highest SL I have is $15k.

Never asked for any CLI. Actually asked for CL descreases, so I can apply for more cards from the same bank. High CLs actually become a burden in some cases.

Message 9 of 12
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

AMEX BCP, NFCU, CSR, DiscoverIt all started at around $10,000 and are around $20,000 now.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.